Meta tag removal from source code

odiadev
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi all 

I want to remove multiple meta tags from my shopify source code.

Those meta tags are facebook domain meta tags . I didn't find those meta tags on header section of the liquid file, but I can see when I click on website source code.

Replies 3 (3)
odiadev
Tourist
4 0 1
Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
2571 309 641

@odiadev 
Go to the Admin Dashboard.
Then Edit code.
Then go to the theme.liquid.
Find the meta tag and remove it.

Thank you

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
if you Want to modify or Customize your theme ,
Hire us | Whatsapp. and we also help you to guide how to reach to your potential customers to increase brand presence, engagements and sales for your business or Want to know more. Read our Shopify Blogs.Email us: sales@zworthkey.com

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
andrea20211
1 0 0

Hi, I also have the same issue. In the source code, it shows that there are two meta tags but on the theme.liquid there's only one ( the one that I've added manually - it's the meta tag for the correct account). Theme.Liquid does not show the meta tags that has already been verified (<meta name="facebook-domain-verification" content="f0ccqnii9a6x91iwgzzuhhyb3d5d46">)

We realised that we verified the domain of the wrong facebook account. We're now trying to verify again our domain with the right facebook account but the verification cannot go through as there are two meta tags and the domain was already verified for another business manager. How should we proceed?  theme.liquid.pngmetatag (page source).png