Misspelled URL

Solved
FuriousLabel
1 0 0

It was late and I missed spelled my shpoify URL but use a third party for personalized URL. Will people be able to see the misspelling anywhere? I was filling out menu items and it requires the shopify URL. I do not want to purchase another domain through shopify, is there another work around? Or does it not matter since I use a third party anyway. Thanks!

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
606 145 179

This is an accepted solution.

After registering a myshopify subdomain, you cannot change it.
Users will see your 3rd party custom domain unless they are specifically searching for your myshopify.com subdomain. Keep in mind, sometimes preferred myshopify domain names are taken and other users have to select some other variations of their preferred myshopify.com subdomain. If it's a small typo, it shouldn't be a major deal.

- I am an eCommerce and Marketing Technology consultant based in Toronto, CANADA.
- To inquire about consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message.
- For Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
94 17 20

Hey, @FuriousLabel! Welcome to Shopify Community!

If you have a custom domain, whether it's managed by Shopify or a third-party host, you can use it as the primary domain on your website. Only primary domains will be visible publicly, so if you set your custom domain as the primary one, your .myshopify.com domain will not be visible to anyone who visits your website. You can follow the steps below to set a primary domain in your store.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Domains.
  2. In the Primary domain section, click Change primary domain.
  3. Select your custom domain.
  4. Click Save.

Once you set your custom domain as the primary domain, your .myshopify.com URL will only be visible to you internally. It will still be utilized as it serves as an identifier for your account, so you'll use it when you log in to your admin and you'll see it as the admin URL. This .myshopify.com URL will be permanently assigned to your account so it's not possible to change it. Nonetheless, since you have a custom domain as your primary domain, you can opt to keep the .myshopify.com domain as is. If you wish to change it, you can do so by signing up for a new Shopify store.

Have you thought of signing up with an email hosting service to use your own custom domain email? If you have a custom domain like mystore.com you can send and reply to emails with an email address such as info@mystore.com. This is really beneficial as it showcases consistent branding, and that's key to a successful business. A custom domain email is professional and simple and it's appealing for customers to trust and engage with. If you're interested, you can look into signing up with Google Workspace or ZohoMail and they'll create your own email for you.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog