Can Shopify merchants enable mixed-cart orders for customers?

Andrew_LA
Shopify Partner
9 0 5

While talking to many Shopify merchants who offer store fulfillment I found a major issue that they are unable to allow their customers to place mixed-cart orders (separate fulfillment for multiple items in the same cart).  Any idea how I can help my clients to support this?

Replies 2 (2)

Avnindra
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Yes, currently Shopify does not allow for mixed cart orders – it yields errors, which results in customers having to place two different orders.

If a customer tries to check out with both types of products, then an error message displays that products are out of stock.

When this happens, customers are forced to place two separate orders, and we all know what that means. Many customers don’t want to repeat the checkout process, deciding instead to abandon one of their purchases. And this disruption in the check-out process can often lead to lost sales. 

An Order Management System is a solution. It enables merchandisers to offer mixed carts on Shopify in which the products that need to be shipped are routed to the warehouse and the ones to be picked up are routed to the store location.

Andrew_LA
Shopify Partner
9 0 5

That sounds like a rescue plan. Thanks for answering Avnindra!

Can you please suggest the OMS that enables merchandisers to offer mixed carts on Shopify and how does that work?