Can you enable multi-currency checkout on Shopify using Stripe?

KiwiNZ
Visitor
1 0 3

Hey guys.  I really need help.  We would love to enable multi-currency checkout in our store.  Currently, we are using Stripe as our payment provider.  We would love to use Shopify payments, but because we sell hair extensions, which is not supported by Shopify, Shopify has disabled Shopify payments on our store, forcing us to use Stripe.  

Can anyone help me with an app we can install to checkout in multiple currencies using Stripe?  Most of our traffic on our store is actually coming from the UK and we are losing out on so many sales

Help will be appreciated

Replies 17 (17)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @KiwiNZ!

Don here from Shopify.

The currency options available to your customers would be set by the payment gateway you are using and it would not be possible to use an app to work around these requirements.

If you haven't already, I would reach out to Stripe support so they can confirm which currencies they would be able to support for your account in your location.

Presuming that your store is based in New Zealand, the full list of your options for payment processors can be seen here.

You'd need to confirm with any potential gateway provider you are interested in using what their policies are in terms of supported currencies for your market.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Uros-Uros
Excursionist
29 1 5
So multicurrency is due to the payment providers (Stripe). We are also very interested in multi currency checkouts but we cannot enable it. The checkout is always in our default currency.
Elizabeth01
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi! So you're using Stripe but it still doesn't allow you to checkout with different currencies? I was considering using Stripe since my country isn't supported for Shopify Payments

sballesteros
Visitor
1 0 0

Similar issue here, we are planning to use Stripe has Shopify Payment is currently not supported in France. 
Does someone know if Shopify + Stripe allows to checkout with different currencies (so having the selected currency persist all the way from product page to checkout)?

Thanks!

Uros-Uros
Excursionist
29 1 5

Stripe + Shopify doesn't allow multi currency checkouts. Checkouts can only be in 1 currency

Elizabeth01
Tourist
5 0 3

I'm not sure if it worked, but we did try Stripe for about 2 months and had a lot of trouble with chargebacks! If you decide to use it just make sure you have their Radar service as well, and beware of any suspicious order in case you need to cancel the order and refund it before you get a chargeback.

Uros-Uros
Excursionist
29 1 5

We didn't have any problems with chargebacks while using Stripe.

MichaelGeo
Pathfinder
194 3 17

Hi there! To allow multi-currency check out, you may run multiple-ecommerce stores serving different domains. For example, for UK, and New Zealand market, you could run different domains providing local currency check-out method seperately. In this way, you are also able to control products, shipping costs, pricing differences among markets.

Within multi-sites structure, you could auto direct your visitors to correct URLs  based on their geolocations using their IPs. For example, with Geo Redirect tool, you can simply set redirecting rules and integrate within a few steps. No code is necessary by yourself. The service will generate the JavaScript code for you to add your website. Shopify platform is supported.

Hope it helps!

Uros-Uros
Excursionist
29 1 5

Thank you. I was thinking of something like that. We would require at least 3 different stores in this case

258b4e14f2
Excursionist
12 0 4

’m running a store targeting multiple countries with different currencies. I have BOLD multi-currency app installed to enable geo-located based currency. But once they hit to checkout the default store currency shows up. This thing confuses customers and I end up with abandoned checkout. Any idea on some hacks to manage this? PS: running multiple stores for each currency is not an option unless there’s a tool to synchronize with

Uros-Uros
Excursionist
29 1 5

Yea, tell me about it. We are currently not advertising to UK or US due to this and will most likely make seperate stores if we face abandoned checkouts. Smaller countries with their own currency will usually go through with the purchase, since they are used to using EUR for online shopping I suppose. My biggest worry is my cusomters getting bad exchange rates using Paypal. If the Cart shows total as $100 and they end up paying over that due to the exchange rate.

258b4e14f2
Excursionist
12 0 4

But once they hit to checkout the default store currency shows up. This thing confuses customers and I end up with abandoned checkout. Any idea on some hacks to manage this? PS: running multiple stores for each currency snaptube vidmate is not an option unless there’s a tool to synchronize with

mariaisap
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi!

I am in the design stage of my store, but it's almost ready, and I found a solution provided by ML Veda apps, they offer Foreign currency checkout despite restrictions from Shopify. It integrates with dependable payment gateways for international transactions namely Paypal and Stripe.

Here you can find the information and I hope the solution:  https://www.mlveda.com/multi_currency_checkout.html

Have a great day!

Isabel

nirvanacanada
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

Multiple currency is working on product detail and cart page but it is not working on the checkout page

dfghjklkjh
Visitor
1 0 0

did you find any solutions ??? i need help here bro

Uros-Uros
Excursionist
29 1 5

Nope. Single currency it is unless you have access to shopify payments

xhopify
Visitor
3 0 0

The Vitals app works for this