Multiple Packaging Options for UK

melissa314
1 0 0

I am seriously disappointed with Shopify, I paid over $3000 for a designer to create my Shopify Website and now Im in the final stages of completing my shop and I see that Shopify does not allow the UK to offer multiple packaging options for shipping?

This means I could have a very large item / large box - or very small item / envelope - and Shopify will not allow me to accurately calculate the weight based shipping depending on the weight of the package box/envelope.

I have searched all the 3rd party apps - Boxify etc - and none of them support Royal Mail UK Shipping - the apps only seem to support America, Canada and Australia - but not the UK.

Shopify - you are meant to be providing a full featured shop service to sellers - yet you cannot even allow me the basic right to have multiple packaging options????

Has anyone please found any solutions for this at all?

0 Likes
SunitaSG
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hi,

As you have mentioned, Shopify only allows you to set up a default box and it doesn’t work for merchants having products with different dimensions. I would suggest you try the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app, that helps you handle this with ease. With the box packing method in the app, you can set up different packages for your products based on the weight & dimensions.

So, whenever your customer places an order, the app automatically chooses the right box and calculates the rates accordingly. Also, with the app, you can print labels, and also automate the tracking process.

However, with the app you get multiple packaging options for the UK with carriers like Parcelforce, UPS, FedEx and many more. Regarding Royal mail, I can urge our developers to have the integration. Meanwhile, you can try the app with a 14-day free trial and contact our support for any queries.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes