Can you add stock for a variant in a Shopify phone case store?

MartinsSH
Visitor
3 0 1

Good Morning,

I would like to know if it is possible to add variants for a phone case store?

I would like the product to be the case design and the variants to be the phone brand and model.

Meaning:
On the home page I select a particular design as a product -> I go to the product tab (patern) and in the variants I select the phone brand and then the phone model.

I would like the phone model to be retrieved from the stock and not the pattern.

I have checked many apps and unfortunately none gives the option to add stock for a variant.

Replies 3 (3)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

So in your scenario the different variations are unique products but the main problem is you can have the same variation SKU across multiple different designs so if one sells the others won't update as they are managed separately in Shopify.

You would need to bundle up each variant with the main SKU that is used for inventory. Our app lets you do this and we update your inventory levels across all variations so if one design sells all the other designs will update for same phone brand and model. You then just need to keep accurate stock of each phone and model SKU separately rather than worrying about all variations.

We have bulk bundling options and automations to streamline the adding of bundles. Let us know if you need assistance in setting it up and can get one of the team to guide you through it.

Regards

Tom

MartinsSH
Visitor
3 0 1

Hello channelup! Thanks for your reply.

I've already added your app and would be great if you help me with settings.

My problem is:

I have 20 products with 20 variants each. Every product has same variants (which means I DON'T have 400 different variants but I have only 20 variants with SAME stock). 

I'd like to combine the inventory of each variant together. If someone buys variant X from one of products, stock of every variant in 20 products should be updated.

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey 

I understand as it is a common one our clients discuss with us. Send me an email to tom@channelup.io with some example SKUs and what the variation SKUs should match and can guide you through the setup and then perform some tests so you can see the stock update across products.

Regards

Tom