Multiple vendor payments Stripe connect

Sarva
4 0 0

I am trying to host a multiple vendor marketplace in the Shopify platform when a user selects a product and click on buy now, I am navigating the user to checkout page once user pays for the product, payment is made against my parent account. I want to customize the checkout payment page so that the payment made is against the vendor connected account instead of my account. Do we have any documentation or samples for it?

Replies 4 (4)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @Sarva,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

If I've understood correctly, you would like for payments to be paid directly to the multiple vendors listed on your Shopify site as opposed to you?

If that is correct, then there is no means of doing that natively within Shopify. Ultimately the platform aims to provide single businesses with the means to build their own online store and is not suited to hosting market-style stores.

What's more, Shopify's checkout cannot be edited beyond making aesthetic changes. So while you can customize your Shopify checkout, you cannot otherwise edit or re-structure the checkout process. This is a security necessity and cannot be subverted.

That said, there is an app called Multi-Vendor Marketplace that exists to fill that void. I'd recommend that you reach out to the app developers directly to discuss your plans and your setup so that they can provide you with the best support.

In the meantime, could you tell me a little more about what your multiple vendors may be selling and how you plan on helping them market their products?

I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Sarva
4 0 0

Yes, I would like for payments to be paid directly to the multiple vendors listed on your Shopify site as opposed to me and I will be taking a cut from that. Whether if i Shopify Plus provides this? Or I have to choose one of the multi-vendor marketplace apps from the App Store?

DavideCommerce
9 0 0

Hey Sarva,

We might be able to help you with the challenge you have. We plug-in right into your Shopify and handle the backend so that you can track the sales made by your different vendors and automatically payout the right amount to each of your vendors (minus your commission). We also support seller agreements so that you can provide agreements to any new vendors if needed. 

Setting up a marketplace and multi-vendor management can be complicated with different people having different requirements. If you're interested, do you want to talk more about it? If so, my direct line is 917-426-5625.

Dave

Nautical

917-426-5625

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Ok, so I can confirm that the only way to do this is with the help of an app like the one I listed, as even with the Plus Plan we could not cater for a bespoke setup like this. I hope this information helps! -Hyde

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.