please help me understand the reason for my google merchant account suspension, received a mail from from google merchant center for suspension.
my website: www.sarvachic.com kindly have a look and advice me on what to do further. thanks in advance guys.
after requesting a review a got this following mail :
During our policy review we still found an issue with your account: Misrepresentation. As a result, your product listings and/or Shopping ads have limited visibility or remain unavailable for display to users. Check your account status to understand how the issue is impacting your listings.
According to our findings, there was a problem identified with your account and/or store website. Learn more about our policies and requirements to ensure your account has full functionality and your products are active.
1. Read our policies to learn more about our requirements to benefit from Shopping ads and Free listings.
2. Review our best practices on building trust with your customers.
3. Fix the open policy issue(s) on your account.
1. Before requesting a re-review, please acknowledge the potential impact.
4. Request a review of your account:
If you participate in a third-party program, go to your respective platform for guidance on how to request a review.
Check your account status
Learn more about the Misrepresentation policy
Thank you for your post!
Navigating the issue of misrepresentation can be challenging as Google's guidelines lack specific details on required actions. At Shopify, we have discovered effective strategies for getting stores approved, and I will now share them with you in order of their success rate.:
1) Updating your Product Fields. You want to make sure the products have every field updated. We have a document that goes over how you can fill out these fields:
But generally, you just want to fill out as much information as possible. For example if a product is meant for any gender, you can put unisex in the gender slot. Filling out as many of these fields as possible will help you avoid scrutiny from Google's moderation protocol.
To access these fields, you will want to go to the Google Channel by access the Settings > App and Sales Channels section of your admin and clicking Google.
You now want to select Open Sales Channel to open the app
In the Overview section of the Google sales channel, select Manage products
2) Using the correct links for your Policy pages. Often times, merchants will link the Pages from the Online Store > Pages section of their admin instead of the Policies in their Settings > Policies section of their admin which leads to Google turning them down.
So we want to avoid linking the Online Store > Pages and instead use the policies in the Settings > Policies section. Please make sure these are updated to your liking. Once they are, you can go to the Online Store > Navigation section of your admin and select the menu that host your policies. You then want to click Edit next to your Policies Pages, then select the Link box to your right. From the drop-down menu, be sure to select Policies and NOT Pages. Once you select Policies, a menu will open with all of your current policies and select the one of your choosing, make sure the title is correct and save!
3) Make sure to have unique and coherent product descriptions. Sometimes Google can turn down merchants if they feel their product descriptions are not accurate enough. Google does not share the specifics but generally speaking you want your products to have unique titles and descriptions. Here is a guide we have found useful for helping merchants write compelling descriptions to help sell your products:
4) Participating in the Google Customer Reviews Program. We have found this program helps build trust with the customer base and give Google less reason to scrutinize your store. If it is available in your country/region, you should definitely check it out:
5) Review Google's documentation on misrepresentation:
6) You may also want to review the editorial and professional requirements from Google. A lot of merchant have had issues resolved by following the section on pop-ups:
7) Finally, you can check out the Grow my Store tool. Google made this as a way to assess customer experience on a website. Once the website address is added, you will receive a personalized report with tips on how to address any issues found. This is a third party tool and not supported by Shopify.
Finally, this third party help doc from Feedonomics has been recommended by many merchants as a useful tool for helping them prepare their website for review:
Please note, this information is from a third party, and we cannot guarantee success every time, but it's something we strongly recommend reviewing.
Once you have done each and every step, you are ready for a review. To do so go to your Google Merchant Center account and under Diagnostics > Account issues request a manual review.
I hope this helps but let me know if there is anything else you need!
5-day return windows does not sound good
There are two websites using the same address, Google will see this as potentially fake.
As you can expect generally 1 address = 1 website.
And 1 business = 1 website.
As there are 2 websites fo 1 business, that is the issue.
Normally users get suspended when both websites have products, but sometimes because there is always a possibility that the other site will also list products in the future, that Google pre-emptively suspends accounts.
There is truly no way of knowing what the reason is. But it's a possible reason.
Make sure to use an address that matches your domain name.
Do not auto currency convert prices.
Make sure to show if an item is in or out of stock.
You can find more potential reasons here: https://community.shopify.com/c/Ecommerce-Marketing/Checklist-Suspended-Google-Merchant-Center-Accou...
Make the shift from discounts to donations, and witness your business not only thrive fina...By Holly Dec 4, 2023
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023