Solved

My items are showing as Sold Out when there is inventory available

joroman2k
Excursionist
35 1 8

I am importing using Modalyst and Oberlo. The Modalyst items are imported and immediately show up as "sold out". I read a previous post about clearing cache etc but this is showing on different devices and browsers. Even in my Shopify store the inventory shows 14 items available but the customer sees Sold Out. Could it be something with the Debut theme?

Thanks for any advice.

Joro

Accepted Solution (1)
joroman2k
Excursionist
35 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

I chatted with Tech Support. Apparently I had to go into Settings->Location->mylocation->uncheck the box "Ship from this location". 2019-06-19_18-49-43.jpg See Screen Shot. That solved my problem.

View solution in original post

Replies 25 (25)

joroman2k
Excursionist
35 1 8

Here are two screen shots. When I change the option for Shopify to NOT track inventory then the customer can purchase. So this seems to be a theme related problem with the Debut theme?2019-06-19_11-04-32.jpg2019-06-19_11-05-18.jpg

joroman2k
Excursionist
35 1 8

I have also noticed a difference in the product listing between Oberlo and Modalyst and how the inventory is listed:

2019-06-19_11-14-23.jpg2019-06-19_11-12-27.jpg

Flyghter
Tourist
3 0 3

I have exactly the same problem and I'm using Oberlo. From what I've read in forums It seems to be a problem with Oberlo app because this Sold Out issue is happening with many themes, even when there's stock available. Can any shopify admin help us, please? I need to fix this issue asap.

Thanks in advance!

joroman2k
Excursionist
35 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

I chatted with Tech Support. Apparently I had to go into Settings->Location->mylocation->uncheck the box "Ship from this location". 2019-06-19_18-49-43.jpg See Screen Shot. That solved my problem.

Flyghter
Tourist
3 0 3

Hey Joroman2k, thanks for the update, It's good to know that it worked for you. I've already unchecked the box on Settings->Location->mylocation->uncheck the box "Ship from this location", but unfortunately it didn't worked for me. Hopefully someone will help me out with this issue.

QueenLiz
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I have the same sold out problem. I have unchecked  mylocation box but doesn't eliminate the problem have you got another solution?

Thanks in advance.

Joanette
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem. Sombody can help me? I

GSA
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever solve this?  I have the same problem.

PM66
Visitor
1 0 0

I am trying to follow your steps to get my inventory to show up in Printful. However, I am unable to choose the Printful app as my default location, and unchecking the box as you have recommended is not an option. It's grayed out. Thank you for any insight.

PM66_0-1655605883482.png

Victoria26
Visitor
1 0 0

Were you able to get this resolved? I’m having the same issue but with Printify. 

Huzaifa78
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi There. Can you help me because, I'm importing products from Tradelle(.)io and I still did that but it shows this:

Screenshot_2023-11-30-03-18-42-296_com.shopify.mobile.jpg

 help would be appreciated, thanks 

MIzzGray
Tourist
5 0 1

I chatted with Shopify support and got this. Let me know if it helps you

https://support.modalyst.co/en/articles/1405946-what-is-the-easiest-way-to-re-sync-all-the-products-...

It worked for me. I am not sure if it was something I did originally that caused the change, but once I uninstall and reinstalled, I noticed that the Vendor changed from my store name to the vendor from Modalyst and the items showed the amount available and it also showed up on my website.  I hope this works for you as well.  

Carrie0427
Shopify Partner
11 0 3

Hello! It's quite difficult if you may have a lot of issues in fulfilling the orders and managing them in your store. When having a dropshipping business, the primary focus would be a reliable order processing tool that you may modify some changes when blunders take place. Spocket has a guaranteed automated order processing that helps you to manage your orders all the way to the shipment process.  It helps you to utilize things to avoid errors in the orders in your store, and if there's any, Spocket Customer Support works 24/7 to help you out foreseeing your orders in an efficient way.

Spocket app can be found in Shopify app store:
https://apps.shopify.com/spocket
Feel free to start using this app!

forresthomedeco
Visitor
1 0 0

The only suggestion the modalyst support was able to give is to uninstall and reinstall the app...which makes no difference. Re-importing products also doesn't help. Unchecking the 'track inventory' box in the shopify settings is one workaround but in that case you'll have to monitor the inventory on the modalyst website. If you don't pay attention your products will stay available in your store when they are really out of stock. I wish all of their suppliers could just sigh up with Spocket...

RandomWear
Tourist
5 0 3

I was having the exact same issue yesterday. I do not use the embedded Shopify menu for customer navigation. I use Mega Menu. I was curious as to whether there was a correlation between my websites menu and the product collections on my admin page. Maybe the two were not communicating properly? I went in and cleaned up my collections and my nested/tree menu to be able to communicate product information. Also, make sure that your product is assigned to a collection. If you have your products assigned to a collection but your menu assigned to the home page, the two will not communicate properly.  After doing this, it sure enough resolved the "sold out" issue on my website.

ModalystSupport
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi 

Were you able to eventually troubleshoot this issue on Modalyst? If not, please let me know. I'd be happy to walk through the solution with you.

Alternatively, you can check out our Help Center article on How to Fix the Sold Out issue on Shopify.

Either way, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. You can email me at team@modalyst.co or chat directly with our team via live chat.

MIzzGray
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello.  I have gone through the steps indicated in the article provided and the problem does not resolve itself.  I have alternatively imported items through CSV and the quantities for the same items continue to reflect 0 and do not show up as available for sell on my site. What insight can you provide to assist in resolving this concern?  I was under the impression that syncing the items to my store would also sync the inventory availability as well. 

GeorgiMihov
Visitor
1 0 3

Guys, I just solved this issue and it is very easy : 

1) Go to Products > Inventory 

2) In the upper right corner you gonna see your location (the registered address of your shop), another option will be Oberlo, another will be Printful for example. Here I chose my shop location because I added the product manually and I think this is the reason why it comes as a sold out because of the settings of Oberlo. So yeah - choose your location (it should be already selected by default)

3) Find the product and click on it (it should give you the list with all the different variants that you have - click on any of it 

4)On the next page you will see the following Sections : Options, Pricing, Inventory and Shipping.

In the Inventory section you will see Track Quantity with a check mark next to it 

5) Uncheck that check mark and voila - Sold Out is gone 

This is how it worked for me, I hope it works for you too.

Good Luck,

Joro, If you need any more help let me know - I think we are from the same country 😄 

Cheers

dropshipbaz
Tourist
5 1 0

Thanks so much. Had the same problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RemyRemy
Tourist
3 0 19

Thank you... took me ages to find this solution. 

vollgutshoppen
Visitor
1 0 0

what was your solution?

thanks in advance!

IckTees
Visitor
2 0 0
It was a while ago but I believe the solution was to select each item and change the “when sold out” option and/or manually inputting the “available “. Both on the inventory screen.

IckTees
Visitor
2 0 0

Same here. This worked for me, hopefully for you too!

Follow the instructions provided by this link tom Shopify support on the issue:

http://support.modalyst.co/en/articles/3351232-how-to-fix-sold-out-issue-on-shopify

Note: ONCE YOU CHECK THE BOX for Shipping YOU MUST SAVE BEFORE Clicking 'View Inventory'.

THEN:

1) Pay attention to whether ANY VARIANT OF ANY ITEM HAS ZERO (0) INVENTORY. Apparently if ANY VARIANT HAS ZERO, ALL SHOW AS SOLD OUT.

2) Change the Available Quantity from ZERO to ONE in any item/variant with a zero. NOTE: Make sure you have inventory for some variant of the product or you'll have some upset customers.

3) Check your website to see if it worked! Hopefully So!

Ick

MIzzGray
Tourist
5 0 1

I chatted with Shopify support and got this. 

https://support.modalyst.co/en/articles/1405946-what-is-the-easiest-way-to-re-sync-all-the-products-...

It worked for me. I am not sure if it was something I did originally that caused the change, but once I uninstall and reinstalled, I noticed that the Vendor changed from my store name to the vendor from Modalyst and the items showed the amount available and it also showed up on my website.  I hope this works for you as well.  

xcsresources
Excursionist
13 0 3

Dawn Theme 12.0

Aliexpress items were showing as sold out after importing.

This is the fix:

On the product editing page, click the 3 dots/ manage sales channels/check the box for "Online Store"

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG