My website isn’t working. Please help!

SherriJo93
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello my website hasn’t been working for 2 days. Can someone please help? It’s suppose to be www.SherriJosCosmetics.com . All bills are up to date. 

Replies 4 (4)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

Consider sending an email to merchant support, they can look into the account.
Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @SherriJo93 

Thank you for sharing your store URL for us to have a look at!

When inspecting your domain http://www.sherrijoscosmetics.com, I can see that there is no DNS propagation. This means that where that domain is supposed to point customers to is not working. Is your domain paid and hosted through Shopify, or a third party domain host? Either way, you need to make sure that the domain DNS information is setup as per our instructions in the Help Center!

1. On your domain provider’s website, log in to your account.

2. Find the DNS settings or domain management area.

3. Change the following records:

1. Point the record to the Shopify IP address23.227.38.65.
    2. If necessary, change the Host name to the@symbol.
    3. Delete any other A records on the domain if there are any present.
    4. Point the CNAME record with the name www toshops.myshopify.com.
  4. Save your changes.

It can take up to 48 hours for the changes to take effect but usually you should see dns propagation start within a few minutes. You can check your DNS status through this free website here: https://dnschecker.org/#A/www.sherrijoscosmetics.com. You specifically want to check for A records and CNAME records. 

Once you have your DNS updated let us know here and we can take a look tomorrow to see if it has finished propagating properly. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SherriJo93
Tourist
6 0 1
Yes It’s through Shopify not third party.
Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Thanks @SherriJo93 for confirming that!

In that case it will be fastest for you and more efficient to reach out to our live support for troubleshooting. The DNS information should automatically be entered when purchasing a domain through your store admin, so we will want to get our support to have a closer look at this. 

While we're not able to provide that kind of account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat or email. To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account, search for "Domain not working" and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options. 

Our team will then be able to review the domain information through your admin and assist in troubleshooting the status of the domain as well!

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog