How can I add 'www' to my store's URL?

themloft
Excursionist
13 0 6

Hello ,
I have noticed that the my   url has no     :     www
 whenever I add www  , it doesnt apply and doesnt login 

i wanted it to have       www.themloft.myshopify.com

when it asked me before to create the store name i added my brand name which is the m loft ... so i thought that the url would be with the : www

could any help .
Thanks in advance

Replies 4 (4)

themloft
Excursionist
13 0 6

@Zworthkey 
any idea about the above subject mentioned ? the url name 

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

Hey, @themloft!

The error you're seeing when you add a www prefix, or any prefix, to your myshopify URL is expected. It happens by design and is intentional due to the nature of our security certificates. This doesn't mean your domain has security flaws, however, it means you're only able to use themloft.myshopify.com.

If you wish to add a www prefix to your domain, I suggest buying a custom domain. When you buy one you get two versions of your domain by default–one with the www prefix and one without. I don't only suggest buying one for this reason, but also so you can match your domain with your brand. You can buy a custom domain such as themloft.com. Doing so can help you build trust in your online store, and it can bring several other benefits to your business. To buy a custom domain, you can refer to the guide on this page.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

themloft
Excursionist
13 0 6

Great thanks for your Explanations .

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

My pleasure, @themloft! Should you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to post again. 

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog