Solved

Navigating Chargebacks and Friendly Fraud

A_Whidby
Tourist
5 0 2

How can I safeguard my Shopify store against post-delivery chargebacks from customers who've received their orders but still file claims, and what tools, apps, or strategies are effective in combating this form of friendly fraud?

A. Whidby
Accepted Solution (1)

Chargeflow-Avia
Excursionist
22 1 5

This is an accepted solution.

Great question! you should defiantly check out the Shopify fraud recommended apps for 2024: https://apps.shopify.com/categories/store-management-privacy-and-security-fraud the first one handles chargebacks 😉

Please let me know if my answer is helpful by clicking "Like" and marking it as a solution!

Chargeflow is the best chargeback recovery software for Shopify brands. Free to start, 24/7 Live Chat Support, ROI-guarantee and the highest win-rates. Let us take care of your chargebacks.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

AK81
Shopify Partner
16 3 8

I avoid taking risks and decline medium- and high-risk orders to prevent chargebacks.

A_Whidby
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for responding! Indeed, all medium-high risk fraud orders get canceled automatically. My query is more focused on potential apps that could alert you before an order turns into a chargeback. I came across something about this on Facebook, but I haven't been able to find detailed information on it.

A. Whidby

dylanpierce
Shopify Partner
203 3 91

Merchants we work with have success requiring additional verification from the customer for large risky purchases.

The customer gets the signal that the merchant is serious about friendly fraud, and the merchant also has another piece of evidence to use in the event of a chargeback dispute.

But we find that just asking for additional verification upfront is an effective deterrent for friendly fraud, which seems to be a crime of opportunity.

Founder of Real ID - Verify your customer's real IDs easily & securely with modern AI
A_Whidby
Tourist
5 0 2

Absolutely, proactive verification measures can be a game-changer! It's fantastic to hear that this approach not only deters friendly fraud but also offers added evidence in case of a dispute. Prevention really is key, and it's great that a simple step like requesting additional verification upfront can make such a significant impact in safeguarding against potential issues. Great Recommendation!

A. Whidby

Buntiform
Tourist
27 0 3

Like someone else mentioned, avoid the high-risk orders like the plague and you should be good to go (in most cases). You may also want to consider using a plug-in like IPQS if you’re facing a large volume of chargebacks (that are fraudulent).

A_Whidby
Tourist
5 0 2

Solid advice! Steering clear of high-risk orders can definitely minimize potential issues. And leveraging tools like IPQS for handling fraudulent chargebacks sounds like a smart move for efficiently managing larger volumes. Thanks for the tip!

A. Whidby

Chargeflow-Avia
Excursionist
22 1 5

This is an accepted solution.

Great question! you should defiantly check out the Shopify fraud recommended apps for 2024: https://apps.shopify.com/categories/store-management-privacy-and-security-fraud the first one handles chargebacks 😉

Please let me know if my answer is helpful by clicking "Like" and marking it as a solution!

Chargeflow is the best chargeback recovery software for Shopify brands. Free to start, 24/7 Live Chat Support, ROI-guarantee and the highest win-rates. Let us take care of your chargebacks.