Need Assistance with PaymentSessionReject GraphQL Redirect Behavior

Solved

Need Assistance with PaymentSessionReject GraphQL Redirect Behavior

Dipen_M
Shopify Partner
6 2 0

Hello Shopify Community,

I'm currently facing a challenge with the PaymentSessionReject GraphQL endpoint and would greatly appreciate your guidance. Here's the situation: I am using the PaymentSessionReject endpoint to handle payments when customers are using currencies other than GBP. To provide clarity to our customers, I've included a specific message: "Our payment method supports GBP currency only."

The issue I'm encountering is that, after invoking PaymentSessionReject, the redirect to the checkout displays a generic message: "There was an issue processing your payment. Try again or use a different payment method."

I've diligently followed the documentation (linked here: PaymentSessionReject Documentation), yet it appears that the custom message I've provided is not being displayed as expected during the redirect.

I'm seeking insights and guidance from the community. Have any of you experienced a similar issue or do you have suggestions on why the custom message is not showing?

Shopify App Developer | Sharing Expert Insights
Accepted Solution (1)

Dipen_M
Shopify Partner
6 2 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to inform regarding the issue I previously posted about. After further investigation and discussions with Shopify support, I've learned that the merchantMessage field in the PaymentSessionReject GraphQL endpoint is intended for messages directed to the merchant and not for user-facing messages during checkout. To display user-facing messages in the checkout, We can use Shopify functions, such as Checkout Validation functions or the Checkout UI extension.

Additionally, we can make use of the Shopify functionality known as 'payment customizations' to hide payment methods when the checkout is in a non-GBP currency. This feature can provide a more tailored and seamless user experience during the checkout process.

I appreciate the support from this community, and though I didn't receive replies to my original post, I wanted to share this information for the benefit of others who might come across a similar question in the future.

If anyone has additional insights or experiences to share on user-facing messages in the checkout process, please feel free to contribute.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Dipen_M
Shopify Partner
6 2 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to inform regarding the issue I previously posted about. After further investigation and discussions with Shopify support, I've learned that the merchantMessage field in the PaymentSessionReject GraphQL endpoint is intended for messages directed to the merchant and not for user-facing messages during checkout. To display user-facing messages in the checkout, We can use Shopify functions, such as Checkout Validation functions or the Checkout UI extension.

Additionally, we can make use of the Shopify functionality known as 'payment customizations' to hide payment methods when the checkout is in a non-GBP currency. This feature can provide a more tailored and seamless user experience during the checkout process.

I appreciate the support from this community, and though I didn't receive replies to my original post, I wanted to share this information for the benefit of others who might come across a similar question in the future.

If anyone has additional insights or experiences to share on user-facing messages in the checkout process, please feel free to contribute.