Need to change my payout bank account

TiffanyL
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,  

I just regained access to my shopify account and need to update my banking information for payouts because my old bank account was closed.  I do not have access to that old number in order to change the new account information.  Please help.

Replies 9 (9)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @TiffanyL!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. To change your payout bank account, you will need the details of your old account. I recommend contacting your bank, as they'll be able to provide you with the details of the closed account so you can enter the information. Once you've got the old bank details, you'll be able to follow these steps to update your bank account:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
  2. In the Shopify Payments section, click Manage.
  3. Under Payout bank account in the Payout details section, click Change bank account.
  4. Enter your old bank account information and your new bank account information, then click Save.

You can also find more information on updating your banking details here: https://bit.ly/3oNOQPy.

If you're not able to obtain the account details from your bank, then our payments team will need to manually remove the details for you. This requires further authentication so can only be done via our live support team here: https://bit.ly/3i52f21. Your Support Advisor will raise a ticket on your behalf and you'll receive an email within 3-5 business days to confirm the bank account has been removed and you can add in your new details.

Now that you have regained access to your account, are you ready to relaunch your website, or will you be making changes? I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales. Marketing is super important, and Shopify Compass will help you become a pro.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Tgriffin
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Miles, when I try to update my bank account information it says my "old" account information is inaccurate - even though it is accurate - so I cannot update the payment info to my new bank account.

What can I do to solve this?

FoodStore123
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm having the same issue and I cannot find any answers 

Tgriffin
Visitor
2 0 0

I had the same issue, reached out to support directly and they were able to escalate it to get it taken care of. Took a few days, maybe a week. But it got taken care of!

Overdressed
Visitor
1 0 0

I’ve been trying to get help about removing my old bank account for two weeks now and it still hasn’t happened. I’ve reached out via chat 4 times and still nothing. 

bmobile1
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Were you able to solve the issue/ I am having the same issue.😲

Branko_Kovacic
Visitor
1 0 2

I'm having the same issue and it takes forever for shopify to reply.

TheWholesaler
Tourist
4 0 1

I'm having the same issue. I have reached out to support a week ago and still no update.

deliriumowner
6 0 0

Is there a way to delete one of my Shopify bank accounts, like one of the ones on the balance app? I accidentally made a second one.