Negative Inventory "Maximum"

joedent
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi there, 

I'm looking for a means to set a cap to the "continue selling when out of out of stock" feature. I use this setting for pre-orders on certain items, but I would like to be able to set a maximum to the total available for sale, without having to sync virtual inventory before it physically arrives, otherwise it will require us to remember whether or not the item is actually in our warehouse, and adjust the receiving process accordingly. 

Example: Product A has "continue selling when out of stock" checked because it is a pre-order item. I will only have 50 available for sale, so I do not want the item to be able to sell beyond negative 50.

Is this possible?

thanks!

Joe

Replies 8 (8)
colinj
Tourist
7 0 0

I am looking into this too - we have stock on the way, and while I want to open for pre-orders, I don't want to wake up and find that we have sold more that we can ship (we make our product, and it comes in batches)

Will let you know what/if I find out - fingers crossed not another app...

joedent
Tourist
4 0 3

I'm sure we're not the only ones, hopefully there's a solution in the future!

colinj
Tourist
7 0 0

I have sent a request to shopify experts for custom code. I am sure its possible to hard code that limit in there, if I could find it I would do it, but that can be tricky on how the store works.

Will update when I know!

colinj
Tourist
7 0 0

yeah - first quote to implement the feature is at $500...

joedent
Tourist
4 0 3

Potentially worthwhile - I imagine a number of shops could benefit from this!

bahadir_e
Excursionist
23 1 6

Hi everyone, 

I've good news! 

Recently we launched an app that forecasts demand and prevents stockout. After receiving user requests about the  ability of "negative inventory maximum" we started to work on it.

In the weekend we will start accepting beta users for gathering feedback. 

If you are interested, please DM me your email and Shopify URL so I can invite you. 

Supply Planning Expert
Co-founder & CEO @Fabrikatör
Virtual Inventory Assistant: Intelligent supply planning app for forecasting, planning and ordering inventory.
timeskercycles
1 0 0

Hey, did you guys go through with this?  We would be all in on this feature as a way to sell incoming invntory, but not oversell

bahadir_e
Excursionist
23 1 6

Hello dear merchants, 

We have completed this feature and it is running successfully on one of our customers' stores. 

You can set the maximum amount of backorders to accept per SKU (variant) and our app will turn off the sales when the maximum number of orders are placed. In this way, you can confidently accept backorders/pre-orders for the products that are going to be in stock soon. 

You can install the app from here https://apps.shopify.com/fabrikator

Please don't forget to message me either from here or within the app so I can enable the feature on your account. 

Wish you all exponential growth with zero inventory issues

Supply Planning Expert
Co-founder & CEO @Fabrikatör
Virtual Inventory Assistant: Intelligent supply planning app for forecasting, planning and ordering inventory.