New EIN?

Solved
Christopher_Llo
1 0 2

Hi,

I have a new EIN that I need to update my Shopify Payments with. I go to the settings for Shopify Payments and it seems like I can't change it. What can I do?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 94 321

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @basinmedia

My name is Rae, and I'm helping out my colleague Ted with this post.

To update your EIN, please reach out to our Support team directly via our Help Center using this link. Once you visit that link and log in to your account, you can submit a support request with our team, and we'll be happy to continue assisting you on live chat, email, or through a callback. 

Since the above information outlines the best way to resolve this question, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This should help other Community users who are also looking for the steps needed to update their EIN.  

We look forward to hearing from you via our Help Center soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1254 114 145

Hello, Christopher!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

To update your EIN contact support using the details found here so the team can help you with this request. 

Thanks a mill,
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 

basinmedia
1 0 0

Can I also get in contact with someone about updating my EIN? Thanks!

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 94 321

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @basinmedia

My name is Rae, and I'm helping out my colleague Ted with this post.

To update your EIN, please reach out to our Support team directly via our Help Center using this link. Once you visit that link and log in to your account, you can submit a support request with our team, and we'll be happy to continue assisting you on live chat, email, or through a callback. 

Since the above information outlines the best way to resolve this question, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This should help other Community users who are also looking for the steps needed to update their EIN.  

We look forward to hearing from you via our Help Center soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 

ftracing
Excursionist
10 0 4

We got a new EIN number in JUNE and shopify still hasn't even started to help us change it. I'm getting excited about my IRS audit! I can't wait. fun play. 

Sjm1986
Tourist
6 0 5

Did they ever update it for you?

Im in the same boat... its been 2 month's and they still haven't corrected it yet...

Beyond terrible...

Sjm1986
Tourist
6 0 5

Did they ever update it for you???

Im waiting 2 months for them to coreect it still..

Sjm1986
Tourist
6 0 5

Wish it was that easy and quick... waiting 2 months now for the shopify tax team to correct mine. Good luck trying ti get in contact with someone from that department too....

TheTopLLC
1 0 1

Same . Still waiting ……………………..

cgracey2
1 0 0

How did you all even notify them or get ahold of anyone? Even with the link that Ted shared above to access chat/email, it still re-routes me to their FAQ/search type of thing with zero help. They have made it impossible to reach a real person.

rt555
2 0 0

This is not a solution and you cannot mark this issue as solved. It seems that people have been waiting for months to update their tax info. Our store is one of them. This is a complete joke and needs to be taken seriously by shopify.

I was told in the support chat that "as long as it changed before the end of the tax year" I'm good. I see people here have been waiting for over 6 months... Let's see what happens. 

rt555
2 0 0

Waiting for over a month now. No one is able to give a timeline on when this will be addressed.