Solved

NEW statistics bar in admin order page

Shannon15
Excursionist
25 0 13

I'm seeing a new feature in my admin. On the orders page, there is a box at the top with dashboard like stats. I have employees who need to use the orders page, but I do not want them to see this dashboard.  Anyone know how to set that up? 

Thank you!Capture.JPG

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Shannon15

June here from Shopify. I appreciate you sharing your question and hope that other merchants who are curious about achieving the same thing will come across this thread.

If you have staff members who will require access to your Orders page, with whom you'd prefer not to share your Order analytics, you can absolutely make this happen following these steps:

1. Visit Settings > Users and permissions.
  2. Select your staff member(s).
  3. Under Permissions, uncheck "Reports" and "Dashboards" (shown below).

25-08-52929-83902

For more information on using your new order analytics to make great fulfillment decisions, check out our recent blog post.

Enjoy!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 20 (20)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Shannon15

June here from Shopify. I appreciate you sharing your question and hope that other merchants who are curious about achieving the same thing will come across this thread.

If you have staff members who will require access to your Orders page, with whom you'd prefer not to share your Order analytics, you can absolutely make this happen following these steps:

1. Visit Settings > Users and permissions.
  2. Select your staff member(s).
  3. Under Permissions, uncheck "Reports" and "Dashboards" (shown below).

25-08-52929-83902

For more information on using your new order analytics to make great fulfillment decisions, check out our recent blog post.

Enjoy!

Chrisjigsaw
Shopify Partner
42 1 35

Yep, just started displaying in my admin today, as well. Unfortunately, though, I find it rather unsightly as well as almost completely unhelpful and would like to remove it. Is there a way to turn it off, or do I need to Adblock the element? 🙂

Chris

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Thanks for your feedback @Chrisjigsaw

Currently the only option to hide Order analytics is the account-specific solution I shared above. As the account owner though you will have access to all areas of your admin, including analytics. So at this time there is no opportunity to disable the feature entirely. 

I definitely appreciate hearing your first impressions though and I'll be sure to pass those on to our launch team. 

Floranoctemshop
Excursionist
18 0 13

I agree with Chris on this, it's unsightly and unhelpful.

As a one-person shop, I don't need to know how quickly I'm processing orders - If an order comes in overnight, or if I've taken the day off, I wake up to red stats which is kind of annoying.

An option to hide it or to have these stats on a different page would be fantastic.

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Welcome to the thread @Floranoctemshop!

That's great context, thanks for taking the time to share. I've added those ideas and insights to our feedback log. 

Cheers! 

Sneiv
Excursionist
19 1 18

The information in that stats bar is not helpful at all. Aside from that, the implementation is poor because it causes a multiple second layout shift since it loads after everything else on the page. As a result I am constantly clicking on the wrong order.... super annoying. I wish it would go away.

shirley4
Tourist
4 0 8

Is there an update to this solution please? The analytics dashboard is totally irrelevant to my business. It is unsightly and a distraction. I would like a way to remove it.

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @shirley4, welcome! While we don't currently have an option to hide the Order analytics bar, if you'd like to tell me more about why it isn't a great fit for your business, I'll be more than happy to add that feedback to our report here.

Grateful for any insights! 

Chrisjigsaw
Shopify Partner
42 1 35

Hi @June-

Please just think about this from a small business owner's perspective. There is almost nothing useful about this bar as it is on the orders page. As someone who gets anywhere from 5-25 orders per week, why would I need to compare that to the previous week's orders? And I generally fill my orders within a day; why do I need a bar on the top of the page telling me such? There's simply no context here. And as I said before, it's distracting and incredibly unsightly. Can you please remove it from the orders page (or at least give us the option to hide it) and put it on the analytics page? I mean, I still wouldn't ever use it, but at least it would be out of sight?  Besides, I can think of at least a dozen things that would be WAY more useful to running a small business than that...

Note to others who don't like it: if you use the Adblock extension, you can add the following rule to your filter list to dispose of it:

YOURSITE.myshopify.com##._3WQuY

Chris

shirley4
Tourist
4 0 8
HI June,
I am an online florist. I do not ‘fulfil and ship’ items. I hand deliver daily fresh flowers. I have no need to know ‘returned items’ - there are no returns. I do not need to know ’time to fulfil’ or ‘ordered items’. I fulfil as I deliver and can see which orders have been delivered by looking at my order page. This new bar is imposing and distracting I don’t need it. Furthermore, on the occasions when I deliver and the sender has not included their name, the recipient asks for sender name which I assess on the orders page using my shopify app on my phone which the recipient can see and I do not like how they can see how many orders I have for the day in the 'out there' black bar.
Regards,
Shirley4
June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

@shirley4 and @Chrisjigsaw,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share these examples here. Use cases like these are so valuable for painting a full picture for our developer team, as it's unlikely that every feature will be a one-size-fits-all solution. I'll be sure to log this context this week on your behalf, as you've highlighted some solid opportunities. Thanks again! 

StuartWaudby
Tourist
4 0 10

Another vote here for removing this feature. It serves no useful purpose but has two disadvantages.

1. It is distracting and the information shown serves no purpose. We (users) go to the screen to dispatch orders, not to see how well our shop is performing compared to last week. The information would be much better if provided on it's own page which I can choose to visit if I wish.

2. The HTML does not appear to contain a space holder for the useless bar. This means that the page loads, we click our order, the bar then appears and moves the orders down the screen resulting in a different order being displayed to that selected.

PLEASE PLEASE remove this bar or give users the option to disable it.

(And I do not want to have to create myself a staff account, disable permissions, log out, log back in using the new account just to turn off an unwanted feature.)

Stuart

SMW Engineering

Wessy
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi good day.

I'm having trouble in changing my domain name mx record, please help me out as it is urgent

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @Wessy,

Thanks for your question! May I ask which domain provider you are using? And when did you connect your domain to your Shopify store? 

If you can tell me more about the edits you're looking to make to your MX record, I'll be happy to help however I can. 

That said, since it sounds like this is a time-sensitive matter, you may also like to connect with our support team for immediate assistance. Absolutely up to you! From our Help Center's Contact page, you can log in to your account, enter a topic (such as "domain" or "MX record") into the search field, then select Get support to choose from all of our available contact options, which may include live chat and the chance to schedule a callback.

Have a wonderful day! 

HoS1
Visitor
2 0 5

As another business that finds the statistics bar useless I'll share why I don't want it there.

We are a mom and pop store. No employees. Only two of us. We do not want to set up one access differently, one of us would still have the ugly, useless bar in our face.

We do 5 to 30 orders a week. We know how long it takes. We do not need a tool to tell us

We do custom orders that take anywhere from a few days to several months to build - we do not fulfill them until they are shipped, it is useful to bring up the list of them by selecting unfulfilled orders. Our waiting list can be a year long. These long fulfillment times skew the statistics so that they are inaccurate even if we did want them.

The bar is ugly, it takes up space, it serves no purpose. I seldom even notice it anymore except to be annoyed at its presence.

The orders page has become far too cluttered as it is, The Items and Delivery Method columns are useless to a small business like ours. Their prescence means the font has to be even smaller than it was.

The combination of the added useless information makes finding what you want harder, it is much more difficult to read.

The side navigation bar, the links to Shippo and Signifyd, the sorting tabs and the first six columns are what I really need and use every day. Everything else is just in the way.

HoS1
Visitor
2 0 5

We've gotten used to this big unsightly black bar at the top of the orders page now but we never look at this.

I go to this page to fill orders. I go to the home page to see how we're doing for the month. This is a mom&pop shop, no employees. We do 5 to 15 orders a week, more around the holidays. I KNOW how fast I'm filling orders because I'm the one filling them.  If they're not fulfilled I don't need a bad contrast small type ugly black bar to tell me.

This toolbar is irrelevant to our business. Plus, we do custom build items with a waiting list almost a year long. So the statistics are skewed.

I would be glad for it to go away, when I notice it at all is to scowl at it. It takes up room and it is totally unnecessary. It should be something you can add on if you want but not in your face if you don't need it.  Not something you can't even opt out of.

Every improvement you make to this page makes it more cluttered and harder to read - the type gets smaller and smaller.

We don't need the black bar at all, that belongs in statistics.

The buttons to select which orders you want to look at is good

For columns, we need to know the first six items: Order, Date, Customer, Total, Payment, and Fullfillment, the number of items and the delivery method are not useful. I have not used them once since they were added. Think how much easier to read this page would be without the black bar and with only the six columns.

I really like the navigation bar on the left, that is supremely useful. 

Jeff_Doepker
Shopify Partner
2 0 5

Agree with everyone else, this bar is entirely irrelevant, distracting and affects me almost every time I load the page. It inevitably causes me to click on the wrong order as it shifts everything down as it loads.

- It is a report and belongs in the reporting section. 

Please allow us to disable this for the owner account.

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

A big thank you to everyone who has submitted feedback in this thread! 

@StuartWaudby @HoS1 and @Jeff_Doepker, I will relay your messages to our developer team so they can be taken into consideration in future updates to our admin, particularly when it comes to the Orders page and how we display analytics. Thanks again! 

Andreascl
Tourist
3 0 9

How can this be stated as SOLVED??

The MUCH annoying Statistics bar is still there. It is truly one of the most idiotic and pointless ideas from Shopify yet.

Please remove it or at least make it possible for us (single users with no staff) to remove it.

Regards

Andreas

kitty5
Visitor
1 0 3

I too have been plagued by this horrific garbage for weeks. Please provide an opt out. Nobody wants this trash on their dashboard.