Solved

New store - Shopify Payments payouts ON HOLD

camila_shop
Tourist
4 0 4

I have been contacting Support for the last 2 WEEKS to get an estimate on when they will remove the "HOLD" they put on Shopify Payments payout. This hold got put right after I activated Shopify Payments so I did not even have a chance to open my store.  This is taking so long and it just makes me feel I am completely wasting my time by building my store in this platform. 

I need to know how long Shopify will take to review this arbitrary hold  they put on my account....I have been patient but this just feels as the company does not care about paying customers. Support keeps telling me to open the store and take credit card payments as this will not affect the customer experience...hmm how about the business owner experience? I am creating a business not a website to feed more money into Shopify pockets. I have also been told that support is crazy busy and queues for review are long....well sound like the company is under staffed.

Just today I tried GoDaddy to test how quick I could deploy a site and I signed up for their GoDaddy payment...within 3 hours I was all setup, APPROVED AND READY TO TAKE PAYMENTS. It just does not make sense that Shopify would put a hold and not take care of the review properly....you know people put work, time and money into the stores it is just plain disrespectful what Shopify is doing.

Can someone get me a real estimate on how long more I need to wait for this arbitrary review?

Accepted Solutions (2)
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @camila_shop! I'm super happy to hear that you could login and were able to submit the ID! I've got my fingers crossed things go nice and smooth (and fast!) for you this time around. If it doesn't, you just let me know! 

Additionally, if you ever wanted some feedback on your store, or any business ideas, or if you just had any other questions, you can always reach back out and let us know! I'd be happy to help you out anytime! 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @GimboSlice.

As I'm just a Support Advisor that jumps in to help our in the Community when I can, I'm not privy to the information that our Internal Teams have regarding specific account situations. When folks reach out to our Live Team, we have the ability to authenticate them and dig more deeply, but that authentication step isn't possible here in the Community, so there isn't more I can do for you here specifically beyond advising you on trying the following steps to have another set of eyes look at things:

1.) Follow up again with your ongoing email thread with as much contextual information as possible regarding these documents and the situation. Context is very important for our teams, so don't hesitate to plainly state the important information in a reply to that thread, as well as provide all of the needed context. 

2.) Try reaching out to the Live Team so they can authenticate you and look at your account. The folks that you connect with through authenticated channels and see more information than I can here in the Community, and they may be able to help get another set of eyes to look at things. I cannot say for certain what result may occur from these steps, but this is all I can advise you on at this time. 

View solution in original post

Replies 98 (98)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey there, @camila_shop. Thank you so much for bringing your situation to the attention of the Shopify Community. 

I'm so sorry to hear about the delay you've experienced with hearing back from our Payments Team. I agree that two weeks a much longer time frame to hear back than expected, as we usually reach out to folks regarding situations such as these within 24-72 hours. This time-frame can be extended, depending on certain factors, but I understand how contact regarding this longer than expected wait time would be greatly appreciated. I want to assure you that we truly care deeply for the many merchants that choose Shopify for hosting their business, and that I'm here to help you as much as I can via these forums. To be clear, we cannot authenticate users via these forums, so my support scope may be limited, but I'll do all I can to support you. 

If possible, can you share with me the ticket number related to this hold situation? With that number, I can reach out to our Internal Team and touch base with them regarding the status of the ticket. From there, I should be able to get some information for you, or I can at the very least see where things are at, and see if I can provide you with a time-frame where you can expect to hear back. 

Please, follow up with me here with the ticket number related to this hold, and I'll follow up internally from there. I hope you hear from you soon!

camila_shop
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi Imogen,

Thank you for your response. This has been quite frustrating and disappointing.

I just received an email this morning from Shopify finally "requesting more documents", this email is asking for the same thing that I had already provided, a government issue ID. Support had mentioned at some point that the automated system was not able to read the scanned images, which by the way I had scanned using a regular scanner to ensure they were clearly scanned. The Support person told me that if they request them again I should instead take photos with my phone, somehow that's best?  Anyway, all that being said I was getting ready to upload the photo's of my government ID but I can't login to my admin...it seems there is an issue on Shopify's end that indicates "Some merchants are unable to log in to their Shopify Admin" ... I thought I was getting closer to get this resolved LOL but now I cannot login.

The last ticket number is 30185846

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi again, @camila_shop. Thanks a bunch for getting back to me!

I'm really happy to hear you ended up hearing from our team this morning. My plan was to use your ticket number to get in touch and give the team a poke to get them to get in touch. Now that I have the number, we can use that if things go radio silent again for longer than 72 hours!

I can't comment entirely on why these documents, or any additional documentation, is being requested from you. This is only because the team that handles those requests is incredibly private, as they're dealing with important details that we want to keep protected. However, I've had plenty of chats with that team in the past, and I can assure you that once they have the documentation that they need, how they need it, things should get resolved quickly! 

I can confirm for you that we are currently being impacted by an incident that is affecting several Shopify Admins across the platform currently. Our developers are diligently working to ship a fix for the issue, and Admins should be back up and functioning normally soon. What I can do for you is reply to this thread directly once things are resolved so you can be promptly updated as to when you're going to be able to provide that ID to the team. 

We're definitely on the right track here to getting your situation sorted out! I'll give you a short update once the incident has been resolved, and then once you get that ID submitted, it should be smooth sailing (with what should be a maximum of a 72 hour wait) from there! 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @camila_shop

I have actually just heard from the team that the Login issues should begin resolving for users across Shopify within the next few minutes. Some folks may see their admins load as expected before others, but it looks like you should be able to login to your Admin, and upload that ID, shortly. 

I recommend trying to login in to your admin a few times over the next half hour or so, to see if you can log in. Once that 30 minute block has passed us by, just reply to me here if you're still unable to login. 

camila_shop
Tourist
4 0 4

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I was just able to login to my admin and provided them with the images of my driver license one more time. I hope it works this time! I will definitely let you know if this goes silent again.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi again, @camila_shop! I'm super happy to hear that you could login and were able to submit the ID! I've got my fingers crossed things go nice and smooth (and fast!) for you this time around. If it doesn't, you just let me know! 

Additionally, if you ever wanted some feedback on your store, or any business ideas, or if you just had any other questions, you can always reach back out and let us know! I'd be happy to help you out anytime! 

camila_shop
Tourist
4 0 4

Imogen,

I provided the requested government ID copy since 04/21 at 2:41 Pm CST and still have not heard anything back and the Shopify Payments payout continues on hold... I am just sad. This whole thing has taken 3 weeks. Anyway you can help me with this?

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey, @camila_shop. Imogen here! 

Thank you so much for the heads up regarding your situation. I've gone ahead and reached out to some folks internally so see if I can track down any sort of information or updates for you about this hold. This delay is not typical, or at least not something that I'm used to seeing when it comes to holds, so my hope is that I can get back to you soon with some good news. 

I'll be back with an update as soon as possible. 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @camila_shop. Imogen here once again! 

So I followed up with our Internal Team about things. Since we aren't able to authenticate users via the Forums, I can't discuss specific information or details about any tickets you have, but I can assure you that the folks I spoke with have let me know that your situation is actively being looked into, and that you should expect an email from our team regarding things shortly. 

While addressing matters such as these in forums, we can't share specific details of situations for privacy reasons, but I'm confident that you should be hearing from someone soon with follow-ups to your outstanding ticket. 

Just like before, if you need any additional follow ups, or a hand with anything else, you can just reach out to me here and let me know! 

RoseStraya
Tourist
8 0 3

I am on Shopify for more than 2 years, running a legitimate business here in Australia with ABN number, purchased products from my suppliers also here in Australia, sent invoice to Shopify but still my payment on hold. Items sent to customers, no one complaint, never had return requests. Last message from Shopify was their bank partner sent my store for special review. Then I ask, how long, no one answer me. It's not a big money but it's causing problem with money flow especially during this time.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey there, @RoseStraya. Thanks for joining in on our conversation here!

I'm sorry to hear that your store is currently experiencing a payout hold. However, based on your post, it sounds like you've been in talks with our team, and that's good news! If you're already speaking with the team through authenticated channels, then you're on the right track to having things resolved. 

You mentioned that you asked the team how long things would take, but that you haven't heard back. Do you mind sharing with me how long it has been since you've heard from the team? I can't comment on account specific situations, since we can't authenticate users here on the Community Forums, but I am curious about the timeframes you've experienced so far. I may be able to follow up with some folks depending on the timing of things. 

Please, get back to me when you can with the information regarding how long it's been since you've last heard from the team, and I'll see what I can do to lend a hand. 

RoseStraya
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi @Imogen , thank you so much for your reply. Actually, it not too long, problem started on 16th or 17th, probably I need to be more patience. Sorry. 😞

However, I am selling legit products and some brand items (NRL) which I purchased from authorised company/manufacturers. I provided invoice but not authorised reseller letter yet as I have contact the company and they never had that before (no one ever asked for authorised reseller letter here in Australia). However, they will try to give me one. So, I just removed those NRL stuffs and point my customer to my eBay store. It's very unfortunate that this thing happened. 😞

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @RoseStraya. Thanks for following up! 

No need to apologize about reaching out in the Community - it's completely normal to be concerned about a situation like a payout hold happening for your business. If anything, we appreciate you reaching out so you can make us aware of any shortcomings that may be going on so we can lend a hand. 

It sounds like you've been chatting with the team through authenticated channels, and that means you're on the right track to having things resolved. For now, I'd continue working with your supplier to get a hold of that request reselling letter, and submit that when you can. Once our team has all of the required documentation, they should be able to get things moving faster towards a resolution for you. 

RoseStraya
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi @Imogen , just to update you. I got the letter from appointed agents / brand managers of 7 companies and already submitted. But look like another problem now for the products that lots of Shopify stores out there are selling. But no worry, I am talking with the team. It would be good if you have phone number I can call and talk to... 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @RoseStraya. Thanks for following up, and giving me an update on how things are going. 

I can appreciate wanting to speak to the team via phone. We do offer phone support by way of our 'Callback Request' system, though for situations like a Payout Hold, email is the best form of communication. If you were to request a callback, you would be connected with one of our Support Advisors, who would have to reach out to the Payouts Team for some additional information. Since that team is escalated, they can't share details of the case with our SAs, for privacy and data reasons. 

As such, I strongly recommend continuing to discuss the situatuation with the team via email, as those folks are the ones best equipped to anwser any questions that you may have. 

RoseStraya
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi @Imogen sorry to bother you again. To me you are the best! 

The team replied my message that all good now and that my Shopify payment back to normal, money will be in my account in 2-3 business day.

However, in my account still show money on hold. So, I sent another email to them, asking them to confirm if everything indeed back to normal. I got no reply.

You know that time is money. I plan to advertise my website as I always pay big fee to eBay. Luckily this problem happened before I start otherwise I would have problem paying my staffs and Google or Facebook.

I am now moving my store to other platform and put this one with .myshopify.com under password protection. I hope to hear from the team soon. I still need to use this one for my new site as I have paid $300 for the theme, I just don't want to waste it. But depend on how fast this problem solve.

RoseStraya
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi @Imogen , update, problem solved, finally. 😊

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey there, @RoseStraya!

Thanks for providing me updates during this situation. It was a pleasure chatting with you while things were getting worked on by the Team. I'm glad to hear things have been resolved! 

I do hope that you choose to continue to use your Shopify store. It can be a great companion tool when using eBay for sales. 

Additionally, if you have any questions at all about Shopify, or simply want to bounce some ideas off me in the future, feel free to follow up with me here! I'll keep my eyes peeled for any future replies! 

I wish you and your business all the best! 

RoseStraya
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi @Imogen , thank you! 🙂

I keep my store for different niche. I am now need to learn from this community how to advertise on Google shopping. I used to do Google adwords, not sure if they are the same or not.

I will certainly be back to see you here for some ideas next week. 

Have a great weekend! 🙂

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey there, @aadarsh01 and @RoseStraya

@RoseStraya I strongly recommend making your own forum post to get some advice and support from folks on Google Ads and Google Shopping. I'd love to provide you with some tailored resources here, but I know that a brand new forum post would be more valuable to you, as there are folks that actively look for Google-centric posts to answer. 

@aadarsh01 I appreciare the screenshot that you shared. I do see the red banner there saying that your payouts are on hold. You may have received an email regarding the hold directly to the inbox used for your Shopify Account; can you tell me if you've received such an email? If you haven't received such an email, you should click on the Contact Support Button that appears in the read banner in your screenshot to speak to the team. Once you've done that, they should be able to provide you with some additional information and insight into the hold. 

RamidAghali
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi why my shopify payments is hold ? How can i fix it ?

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey there, @RamidAghali. Thanks for joining in on the conversation here. 

The best way for you to get help here with your hold depends on how you were notified about it. If you were notified of the Payout Hold via email, then speaking to the Support Team on the other end of that email will help you get things resolved. 

If you were notified of the hold through a red banner in your Shopify Admin, then you will want to click the 'Contact Support' button that appears in the banner to reach out to the support team to discuss things. Additionally, you can also use this link here to speak to the team. 

We're unable to investigate Payout Holds here in the Community, as there is no method for us to authenticate you and your account. As such, you will want to follow the advice I've provided in this post to have this matter resolved. 

RamidAghali
Visitor
3 0 0

no i didn't get any email about it please tell me exactly how i will solve this problem i have all the details

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @RamidAghali. Thanks for following up with me here. 

If you didn't receive an email, then I recommend following along with the instructions I provided in my previous reply in regards to reaching out to our Team via either the link I provided, or the 'Contact Support' button within your Admin. 

Since these Forums aren't an authenticated channel, I strongly recommend not posting any sort of documentation or private information here. You should only do so when speaking with our Support Team through the authenticated channel that I've instructed you to use. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

RamidAghali
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi No one has contacted me with me what can I do? My payments is hold help me 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi again, @RamidAghali. Thanks for following up with us. 

As I've mentioned in my previous replies to you, you will want to reach out to our live support team so you can have some information shared with you regarding this hold. 

You can do so by clicking on the 'Get Support' button that should be appearing within a Red Banner in your Shopify admin, or you can reach to the Live Team using this link here. 

Please follow the advice I've provided for you above, as this will help you get the situation resolved. 

Visitor
3 0 0

I’m having the same problem, my Shopify payments account was put on hold and support still has yet to reach out to me regarding documents or photos I have to submit

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @1007008953219. Thanks for joining in on the conversation here.

When a Payout Hold situation arises, there is often a red banner in your admin that will be informing you about your hold. Within that banner, there should be a button that you can click to get in touch with the Live Team to discuss this hold situation. If you see such a banner in your admin, please use the 'Contact Support' button that appears to get in touch to get more information about your hold. 

If you do not see such a banner, please use this link here to get in touch with the team to get more information.

Let me know if you have any questions! Also, if you're interested, I'd love to hear more about your business! Beyond the hold situation, I'm sure you have a fantastic business you're running that you're passionate about. I'd love to see what you've built of your business so far!

Visitor
3 0 0

Hello Imogen, yes this has been an ongoing issue for me since Wednesday the 17th. It all started initially with the red banner stating a hold has been placed on my Shopify payments account where I did as you said and got in contact with a live support agent (I have the conversation receipts and ticket number(s) ). This agent advised me to simply wait and that it should resolve itself so that was what I did.

The next morning, August 18th, I wake up to an email informing me of the termination of my Shopify account because Shopify “did not receive a response from me regarding verification of details about business and transaction activity” when in actuality I reached out to support immediately and was simply unable to get connected with the right team to submit the required info. I’ve since responded to that email directly multiple times and I’ve been chatting with agents live nonstop between the 17th and yesterday to find a solution or any type of answer as to what is going to happen to my store or the balance that I have. Support agents steer me to the conclusion that my only option is to wait for the right team to reach out to me via email.

This is what I’ve been doing and support never got back to me regarding any verification but this morning I did get another automated email response in the same thread which states: “We have reviewed your account and determined that it is in violation of Shopify's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). As a result, we are no longer able to host your store on the Shopify platform and your account has been closed.” No information given whatsoever on my pending payouts which were scheduled for last week or the previous hold on my account. Shopify deemed my store inactive and is holding onto my payouts/Shopify balance as I am left completely in the dark regarding it all. I am unsure whether to fulfill orders or if they are going to be refunded. Explaining this situation to my customers has been a nightmare as I myself don’t even fully understand it.

Regarding my business, I have a collection of used and some new GameCube games that I bundle in quantities of 2 for $50. It’s something I’ve been doing on and off occasionally to make a little extra money. I sell mainly between friends and family around the community as well as whoever else they may refer. I opened my store on the Shopify platform solely for its payment processing capabilities as there have been plenty sales I’ve missed out on due to customers not having cash or Zelle. I processed 11 different transactions manually upon opening my store within a 24hr period. My public storefront was essentially blank with one product and a blank photo, as again, I had my store setup solely for the purpose of accepting and tracking card payments, however I’m assuming this somehow caused my store to get flagged. I handle fulfillment in person as I operate locally so I am simply waiting to receive payment from Shopify so I can give my customers the games they already paid for. Sorry for such a lengthy message, but trying to make sure all details are provided to get this situation understood and actually  resolved. I’ve been losing my mind this past week and would appreciate help or advice on what to do.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi again, @1007008953219. Thank you for taking the time to follow up with me. 

It sounds like you've have a very eventful past few days, and not in the best of ways. I'm sorry to hear about this situation you're experiencing, as it all seemed to have happened very quickly.

As I've mentioned to other users in this thread, I'm unable to authenticate users here in the Community. As such, I can't access account information, or comment on any account specific information. In this situation, I'm not able to dive into your account details to see information regarding any decision making here, so I'm unable to comment on what will be happening with your account, the held funds, or the explanation of the events. 

However, these folks you've been chatting with via email do have you authenticated, and should be able to provide you with information. My recommendation to you here is to reply to your most recent email - I know this sounds redundant, but the folks on the other end of that email have the full insight into this situation and your account, and are best equipped to answer any remaining questions you have.

I would advise that you take the time to reply to that email, and provide the folks on the other end with the information you've provided me here. This will allow for the folks over there to have a complete picture of your situation.

Based on the information you've described, it sounds like you have a solid side-hustle that you're passionate about, so even though things have been impacted by the AUP ruling, I do hope that you continue to pursue your side hustle. The Gamecube was a critical part of my childhood (I've lost countless hours to Sunshine and Sonic), so I hope you're able to continue providing memories to game lovers young and old through your selling.

Visitor
3 0 0

Hello Imogen following up here. I’ve received an email from someone at the risk operations team. Another automated message of course because god forbid I talk to an actual person over there. This email states: 

“At this time since Shopify has been deemed not a good fit for your business you will need to research other e-commerce platforms to find one that will be suitable. Regrettably we are not able to make recommendations to merchants.

Additionally, our banking partners determined that there was a high risk of chargebacks for the orders that were placed and have placed a 120 day reserve on the account. If there are no chargebacks in this time the full amount will be released to the bank account on file on 2022-12-16.” Alright so I may possibly get my money in December? Merry Christmas right. What should I do when that date comes? Is my account going to just magically unlock and funds released? Do I have to contact somebody in support to initiate my payouts once this magical date arrives? What should I do if that date comes and Shopify decides to initiate another hold on my payouts? Obviously none of my customers are going to file a chargeback. I’ve already went ahead and fulfilled their games so it’s up to Shopify now to payout as I am being penalized simply for using this service.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @1007008953219. Apologies for my delayed response - I've been out of the office but I'm back in house now and just following up with folks that I've missed since I've been away.

I'm happy to hear that you've heard back, but I'm also sorry to hear that the information you were provided resulted in such an outcome.

From my understanding, your reserved funds will be released to the bank account on file for your payout account on the date specified in the email, as long as no customers opt into chargebacks. There should be no extra work for you to do here other than allowing for the reserve hold to pass. Once those 120 days have gone by, the reserved funds will be redirected to you.

Beyond the information I've given you above, I'm afraid I can't comment on much else. Since we can't authenticate folks here in the Community, I'm unable to dig into your account or provide account specific information. It's best that you continue to follow up with the specialists on the other end of the email you received with any additional questions, or requests for new information. It may be a good idea to run the question you asked me here by them, too, to see what they say.

All in all, I'm sad and sorry to hear about this situation. I'm sure that you'll find success with your business regardless of the platform you find yourself on. We both know that people are after Gamecube games every day; they're treasured items. I wish you all the best with your future business endeavors.

aadarsh01
Tourist
5 0 1

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 20.10.35.png

NeonGypsy
Excursionist
19 0 1

This has happened to me twice in July total of 4 items.. Very frustrating and looks to be a common issue 😡

Keely J Gore
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @NeonGypsy. Thanks very much for joining in on the conversation. 

I'm just touching base with you due to the fact that you mentioned that you had had two payout holds occur within the month of July. 

Are you looking for assistance with resolving a hold that is ongoing? Do you currently have a hold that you're waiting to be looked at? 

I just want to make sure I touch base with you to ensure that you get followed up with.

NeonGypsy
Excursionist
19 0 1

They have been looking at it for over a week, They have had a hold since July 14th which is the second set of payments they put a hold on in July totaling 4 payments all together.. I was told the first time it was a random audit? If that’s the case why audit me again?? This is getting out of hand!! How do you expect people to continue to do business when they in good faith sell $1200 worth of items and you hold the funds!?! Customers have items, Shop Pay has the money while I hold the bag 

Keely J Gore
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @NeonGypsy. I appreciate such a quick follow up!

I appreciate all of the extra context you provided there. You mentioned that our Team has been looking at things, which is good - I'm glad you're in contact with them. I absolutely understand how a week can be quite a long time in terms of operating a business, but I suspect that our team will be in touch with you soon with some additional information.

Since we can't authenticate users here on the Community, I'm not able to comment on any account specific matters. However, I do know that these holds do happen to many folks, and for a multitude of reasons, like verifying documents, or helping protect the seller from a potential chargeback situation. I know they're always frustrating however, and I do hope that the team touches base with you soon. If a few more days go by and they don't get back to you, follow up with me here and let me know. 

With the above being said, I'm curious to learn more about your store! What sort of products do you sell to customers, and where do you ship? Whenever I have the chance to meet someone new in the Community, I always ask to see what sort of business they've built! Feel free to share your store link here, as I'd love to poke around and explore, and maybe even provide a few tips and tricks that may lead to some more sales! 

NeonGypsy
Excursionist
19 0 1

Thank you For your help.. My Store is https://www.theneongypsy.com I have been in business since 2014. I do custom Leatherwork and Sell Authentic Vintage and Pre-Loved handbags as they sit or offer my services. I’ll attach a few pieces for you to see 549548AC-E10E-47C3-B694-1C03029C505D.jpegBD95FC9F-5C32-466D-9323-9FBF0F4A7FDE.jpeg

Keely J Gore
Martin3107
Visitor
2 0 0

Skærmbillede 2022-12-08 kl. 14.29.45.png

 My store is called HOMETOOLSFROMHEAVEN can someone pls. help my don't know what to do

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @Martin3107. Thanks for jumping in on our thread here. It's nice to meet you.

If you're looking for some guidance on next steps for you, please refer to the red banners that you've shown in your screenshot. These banners will instruct you on what steps to take next, be that uploading documents for our team to review, or reaching out to our Team directly though that button for additional support.

If you have any confusion regarding those buttons, please reach out to me here and let me know. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply.

CL7
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @Imogen, hope that  you could address another issue here.

We need to change our payout account from old to new.

It will not let us change because Shopify stated old account don't match. We pretty sure our old bank info are correct.

Shopify sales/service support team could only escalate the issue to the Accounts / Merchant Verification team but we don't feel they have any sense of urgency at all...

Please can someone please look into this already and improve the changing of bank account should not be that complicated! 

Support Ticket 31749059.

NFLAPPARELCO
Visitor
2 0 0

submit the id for what? I am having the same issue.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey there, @NFLAPPARELCO and @GimboSlice! Sorry for the delayed response. I've been out of the office but I'm back in now and catching up with folks. 

@GimboSlice Thanks for following up again. There's not much I can do for you here in this thread directly, as I'm unable to authenticate you and dig into your situation. The best advice I can provide you is to follow up directly with the folks you've been communicating with via email. Those are the folks privy to the information regarding your situation, and they're the ones best equipped to assist you with your questions.

@NFLAPPARELCO It sounds like the Internal Team is requesting that you provide some documentation, just so they can verifying their information. This is a pretty standard process for many merchants that have holds placed for 'Standard Review' holds. If you have any questions about the hold process you're participating in, it's best to reach out to the team that asked you for that documentation directly for more information. 

GimboSlice
Excursionist
59 0 8

@Imogen Hi,

I have already read all the TOS of Shopify Payments/Requirements. We have colleagues with businesses like mine who got approved right away. Upon doing the whole research, our team got in touch with the people in charge of reviewing those documents in the Stripe Account. They told us after a careful investigation that the wrong document was being uploaded at first, but they have now the right documentation and they have already enabled my Shopify Payments account, not the stripe one.  Despite this, I haven't received an email from my Shopify Advisor about my account getting approved. How I can get them to approve my account again? They uploaded the wrong document to Stripe (wrongly sent by me) that's why they declined my first petition. Now they have the right document and got my account approved.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey again, @GimboSlice.

As I'm just a Support Advisor that jumps in to help our in the Community when I can, I'm not privy to the information that our Internal Teams have regarding specific account situations. When folks reach out to our Live Team, we have the ability to authenticate them and dig more deeply, but that authentication step isn't possible here in the Community, so there isn't more I can do for you here specifically beyond advising you on trying the following steps to have another set of eyes look at things:

1.) Follow up again with your ongoing email thread with as much contextual information as possible regarding these documents and the situation. Context is very important for our teams, so don't hesitate to plainly state the important information in a reply to that thread, as well as provide all of the needed context. 

2.) Try reaching out to the Live Team so they can authenticate you and look at your account. The folks that you connect with through authenticated channels and see more information than I can here in the Community, and they may be able to help get another set of eyes to look at things. I cannot say for certain what result may occur from these steps, but this is all I can advise you on at this time. 

NFLAPPARELCO
Visitor
2 0 0

I dont remember getting an email actually

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey there, @NFLAPPARELCO

If you don't recall receiving any communications from the team, try checking your junk email to see if our communications landed there instead of your primary email account. 

If you don't find anything the, please reach out to the Live Team using this link for more information. As we're unable to authenticate users here in the Community, you'll want to speak with the Live Team and get authenticated so they can follow up on any questions that you may have.

Goldent
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Imogen i have got the same issues but i have not recieved any email or anything to help me get around this payment hold and i have been stuck with it for quite some time and i have been patient and contacted the supporter team but none of them reply to me

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @Goldent. Thanks for jumping in to our thread here. It's nice to meet you. 

I'm happy to help you with some next steps to have your hold looked into. Typically when a hold is set, it's part of our review process, or a request for some documents. You should see a red banner in your admin informing you of the hold, that also includes a button saying 'Contact Support'. You will want to click that button to get in touch with our team so they can help you with this hold. 

You mention in your post that you've reached out but haven't heard back. How have you reached out to the team? If you reached out via chat or email or phone and are waiting for a follow up, an email would have been sent to you. If you don't see an email, I recommend checking your junk email to see if our communications with you have been sent there.