New store - Shopify Payments payouts ON HOLD

Solved
camila_shop
Tourist
4 0 1

I have been contacting Support for the last 2 WEEKS to get an estimate on when they will remove the "HOLD" they put on Shopify Payments payout. This hold got put right after I activated Shopify Payments so I did not even have a chance to open my store.  This is taking so long and it just makes me feel I am completely wasting my time by building my store in this platform. 

I need to know how long Shopify will take to review this arbitrary hold  they put on my account....I have been patient but this just feels as the company does not care about paying customers. Support keeps telling me to open the store and take credit card payments as this will not affect the customer experience...hmm how about the business owner experience? I am creating a business not a website to feed more money into Shopify pockets. I have also been told that support is crazy busy and queues for review are long....well sound like the company is under staffed.

Just today I tried GoDaddy to test how quick I could deploy a site and I signed up for their GoDaddy payment...within 3 hours I was all setup, APPROVED AND READY TO TAKE PAYMENTS. It just does not make sense that Shopify would put a hold and not take care of the review properly....you know people put work, time and money into the stores it is just plain disrespectful what Shopify is doing.

Can someone get me a real estimate on how long more I need to wait for this arbitrary review?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
364 43 62

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @camila_shop! I'm super happy to hear that you could login and were able to submit the ID! I've got my fingers crossed things go nice and smooth (and fast!) for you this time around. If it doesn't, you just let me know! 

Additionally, if you ever wanted some feedback on your store, or any business ideas, or if you just had any other questions, you can always reach back out and let us know! I'd be happy to help you out anytime! 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)
Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
364 43 62

Hey there, @camila_shop. Thank you so much for bringing your situation to the attention of the Shopify Community. 

I'm so sorry to hear about the delay you've experienced with hearing back from our Payments Team. I agree that two weeks a much longer time frame to hear back than expected, as we usually reach out to folks regarding situations such as these within 24-72 hours. This time-frame can be extended, depending on certain factors, but I understand how contact regarding this longer than expected wait time would be greatly appreciated. I want to assure you that we truly care deeply for the many merchants that choose Shopify for hosting their business, and that I'm here to help you as much as I can via these forums. To be clear, we cannot authenticate users via these forums, so my support scope may be limited, but I'll do all I can to support you. 

If possible, can you share with me the ticket number related to this hold situation? With that number, I can reach out to our Internal Team and touch base with them regarding the status of the ticket. From there, I should be able to get some information for you, or I can at the very least see where things are at, and see if I can provide you with a time-frame where you can expect to hear back. 

Please, follow up with me here with the ticket number related to this hold, and I'll follow up internally from there. I hope you hear from you soon!

camila_shop
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Imogen,

Thank you for your response. This has been quite frustrating and disappointing.

I just received an email this morning from Shopify finally "requesting more documents", this email is asking for the same thing that I had already provided, a government issue ID. Support had mentioned at some point that the automated system was not able to read the scanned images, which by the way I had scanned using a regular scanner to ensure they were clearly scanned. The Support person told me that if they request them again I should instead take photos with my phone, somehow that's best?  Anyway, all that being said I was getting ready to upload the photo's of my government ID but I can't login to my admin...it seems there is an issue on Shopify's end that indicates "Some merchants are unable to log in to their Shopify Admin" ... I thought I was getting closer to get this resolved LOL but now I cannot login.

The last ticket number is 30185846

Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
364 43 62

Hi again, @camila_shop. Thanks a bunch for getting back to me!

I'm really happy to hear you ended up hearing from our team this morning. My plan was to use your ticket number to get in touch and give the team a poke to get them to get in touch. Now that I have the number, we can use that if things go radio silent again for longer than 72 hours!

I can't comment entirely on why these documents, or any additional documentation, is being requested from you. This is only because the team that handles those requests is incredibly private, as they're dealing with important details that we want to keep protected. However, I've had plenty of chats with that team in the past, and I can assure you that once they have the documentation that they need, how they need it, things should get resolved quickly! 

I can confirm for you that we are currently being impacted by an incident that is affecting several Shopify Admins across the platform currently. Our developers are diligently working to ship a fix for the issue, and Admins should be back up and functioning normally soon. What I can do for you is reply to this thread directly once things are resolved so you can be promptly updated as to when you're going to be able to provide that ID to the team. 

We're definitely on the right track here to getting your situation sorted out! I'll give you a short update once the incident has been resolved, and then once you get that ID submitted, it should be smooth sailing (with what should be a maximum of a 72 hour wait) from there! 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
364 43 62

Hey again, @camila_shop

I have actually just heard from the team that the Login issues should begin resolving for users across Shopify within the next few minutes. Some folks may see their admins load as expected before others, but it looks like you should be able to login to your Admin, and upload that ID, shortly. 

I recommend trying to login in to your admin a few times over the next half hour or so, to see if you can log in. Once that 30 minute block has passed us by, just reply to me here if you're still unable to login. 

camila_shop
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I was just able to login to my admin and provided them with the images of my driver license one more time. I hope it works this time! I will definitely let you know if this goes silent again.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
364 43 62

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @camila_shop! I'm super happy to hear that you could login and were able to submit the ID! I've got my fingers crossed things go nice and smooth (and fast!) for you this time around. If it doesn't, you just let me know! 

Additionally, if you ever wanted some feedback on your store, or any business ideas, or if you just had any other questions, you can always reach back out and let us know! I'd be happy to help you out anytime! 

camila_shop
Tourist
4 0 1

Imogen,

I provided the requested government ID copy since 04/21 at 2:41 Pm CST and still have not heard anything back and the Shopify Payments payout continues on hold... I am just sad. This whole thing has taken 3 weeks. Anyway you can help me with this?

Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
364 43 62

Hey, @camila_shop. Imogen here! 

Thank you so much for the heads up regarding your situation. I've gone ahead and reached out to some folks internally so see if I can track down any sort of information or updates for you about this hold. This delay is not typical, or at least not something that I'm used to seeing when it comes to holds, so my hope is that I can get back to you soon with some good news. 

I'll be back with an update as soon as possible. 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
364 43 62

Hey again, @camila_shop. Imogen here once again! 

So I followed up with our Internal Team about things. Since we aren't able to authenticate users via the Forums, I can't discuss specific information or details about any tickets you have, but I can assure you that the folks I spoke with have let me know that your situation is actively being looked into, and that you should expect an email from our team regarding things shortly. 

While addressing matters such as these in forums, we can't share specific details of situations for privacy reasons, but I'm confident that you should be hearing from someone soon with follow-ups to your outstanding ticket. 

Just like before, if you need any additional follow ups, or a hand with anything else, you can just reach out to me here and let me know!