No Image For My Shopify Store When Sharing On Social Media???

SofoeClothing
Tourist
7 0 1

Help i am not getting any images to show up on my links when attempting to share on social media?

https://sofoeclothing.com/

Replies 5 (5)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @SofoeClothing 

I can see that there's isn't an image being shared right now for your main store URL, thanks for sharing that. I will mention that images are being shared when you share the URL of a product on social media, for example this product link. For the main URL image, have you followed the instructions on our Help Center document Setting the social sharing image in your admin

Once you've done that, let me know how it goes. If you've only recently added this image, Facebook or other social platforms may not have re-cached the information they have for your site. You can use Facebook's debugger tool to update this information, which should update your social sharing image if you've recently added / changed it. 

As well, have you also added a logo to your theme? While this is only a fallback image, it's good to have the logo set in your store, as it could be shared elsewhere, and is the most recognizable brand identifier of your business. From looking at your store, it looks like that's been added in, but just wanted to double check!

Let me know how this goes, and if you have any other questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SofoeClothing
Tourist
7 0 1

I have already done all of the things you advised and it's still not working i need an actual solution. 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for letting me know you've tried the suggestions I listed. Sorry to hear you're still having troubles. What theme are you using? There are a couple reasons it might not be displaying still, and they both are to do with your theme settings. 

If the social image is still missing, it's likely that either:

• There is no image uploaded to the theme > checkout image settings
  • There is no image uploaded to the theme > social sharing settings

To find these settings, you'll need to head to Themes > Customize (next to your current theme) from your Shopify Admin. The location and availability of these image settings differs depending on the theme you are using. For example, some themes have a social social image available in the theme settings, and some do not. I'd recommend checking under Theme Settings once you're in the theme editor to see if you can locate these options. 

Don't forget to try the Facebook Debugger tool to refresh any changes you make before testing in Facebook. 

Let me know how this goes, and if you're still having troubles, please share the theme you're using and we can take it from there. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SofoeClothing
Tourist
7 0 1

I added a image under logo in the checkout section in theme settings as well as an image in the social sharing image area under social media in theme settings the theme is Streamline.

Thenicholecolle
Excursionist
12 0 1

When I try to share my URL on Facebook it comes up as Amazon. Why is that? My url is www.nicholecollection.com