No sales need help on what to do…

Djjamz68
5 0 0

Hi I started my store for like a month now maybe even more but I’m getting alright traffic but no sales I don’t get what I’m doing wrong like I even revamped my store to make it look more professional but still nothing I would appreciate if anyone could help and give feedback on steps to do…

store: elevatedvitals.com

Replies 3 (3)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Djjamz68!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to share some feedback on your shop!

I understand that you have taken a lot of time to set up your store and were expecting to see sales right away, unfortunately this is not often the case. Rest assured, you can continue tweaking and making small adjustments to your store in order to increase conversion. You mentioned that you are receiving some traffic but the audience is not following through with a purchase. The major factors contributing to this are website optimization and attracting the wrong audience to your store. 

I really enjoyed looking through your store and products, it looks like you have a lot of great options for your customers. Although, having a lot of options can actually make it harder for you to target your desired audience. For instance, if you are targeting pet owners, they may not necessarily have an interest in electronics or jewelry, which may cause the customer to be overwhelmed with the various options being shown to them. While on the product page of the waterproof camera, I noticed that a list of unrelated best sellers are being shown:

This can lead to a lot of clutter on your product page and can often distract your customer from focusing on the desired product. Another example of this is in the cart page, when clicking on the checkout button, a pop up is shown: 

This can also distract the customer as they were ready to make the purchase, but are being offered an unrelated product in the pets category. 

My recommendation would be to simplify your store all together. This includes removing unnecessary cross selling apps, selecting one or two related product categories to offer, and creating a new marketing strategy to drive your targeted customers to your store. Doing so will allow you to have a better shopping experience curated for your niche market, as opposed to a wide selection of audiences viewing your store. Feel free to follow our guide on increasing your conversion rate to learn how to turn your current traffic into paying customers. You can also check out our guide on how to make your first sale which will outline the key benefits of targeted ads and traffic sources. 

I’d also love to know more about your marketing initiatives and what you are doing to promote your brand. Are you using Facebook, Instagram, or Google to advertise? Do you have a social media presence? 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Djjamz68
5 0 0

I appreciate the feedback I mean I spent loads of money revamping this store had an old store but changed it to this store and I took your advice and removed the upselling stuff because you are right and I use Facebook ads to promote my audience other than that I have no idea what to do now even tho I’ve already been through the shopify tips to get sales and stuff 

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi again, @Djjamz68

I’m happy to hear that you introduced some changes to your store based on the feedback provided. I also appreciate you going through the Shopify resources and understand that you have put a lot of effort and money into building your store. 

My suggestion to you would be to narrow down your target audience. This would involve dissecting the products you offer by adding and removing the ones that you feel your target audience would enjoy. Once you do this, you can curate your ads specifically for a certain demographic and type of customer. This will help narrow down your audience and bring the right potential customers to your store. For instance, you could focus on targeting pet owners by introducing pet accessories and pet related clothing to your store, instead of having a handful of unrelated categories. If you are looking to take this route, feel free to check out our very insightful Shopify Blog on How to Define and Reach Your Target Audience to learn more about getting the attention of your desired customers. 

Let me know if this helps and we can continue our conversation regarding targeted Facebook ads!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog