Can I use a bank statement for verification on Shopify if I have no utility bill?

Deezasters
Visitor
2 0 0

What if I have no utility bills? I am living at my Grandparents currently so nothing here like that. Can I use a bank statement? 

Replies 3 (3)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

Hi there, @Deezasters

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform!

With regards to your inquiry, are you able to tell us more why you need a utility bill on your end? If this is for verification purposes that our internal team is requiring, please visit this help document as it provides you with other accepted documents when it comes to account verification. Click on the country you are operating from and it will provide all your options.

You can always reach out to our live support team as well for further clarification on this specific situation. They will be able to provide alternatives regarding this requirement that they are asking. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Deezasters
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, 

It asks specifically for a utility bill. But I have uploaded my driving license which clearly shows my address, as stated in the requirements for the UK - It has rejected it. 

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

Thanks for the added information. 

I recommend you reach out to our live support team for further discussion about this matter and your situation. They will be able to look into your account deeper and be able to provide next available steps given that you are not able to provide a utility bill. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.