FROM CACHE - en_header

Not worried about failing but struggling to understand why?

FreeSpiritSUP
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi all,

I've had my store up and running for 4 months now and am getting visitors, got social media platforms going etc. but not made a single sale yet.

I have read and watched more than enough tutorials and best practice guides, checked pricing and followed all the sage advise from the "experts".

Appreciating that i am new to this and certainly do not know it all so opening it up to the masses to see if someone can tell me where I've gone wrong or what i have missed to turn this round?

Store can be found online at www.freespiritsup.com or insta @FreeSpiritSUP

Thank you in advance for any pointers and your time / wisdom.

Replies 2 (2)
AliReviews
Shopify Partner
214 31 127

Hi @FreeSpiritSUP, thanks for your question and we understand your frustration somehow. May we know if you're running ads that lead visitors to this website somewhere before? (Facebook ads, Instagram ads, Google ads?). Or you're doing the free-traffic strategy now with all the word-of-mouth marketing and social media? ALso, if you're trying almost every tactic you can find on the Internet and community, we think maybe it's time to look at your analytics tool on your website, to see the breaking point where most visitors left off. If they added to cart but stopped there, then you can consider some exit offers (lucky wheels, free shipping, 10-15% discount for first order, etc). If they made it to payment page but could not finish their purchase, re-check the checkout process to see if there's any thing wrong that discomforts your customers, don't forget to send some emails to remind them about their abandoned carts and encourage them to finish. 

Hope your question will get tons of useful replies from other contributors!

AliReviews: Top Review Solution Package For E-Commerce
- Check out our blog for free e-commerce tips and tricks.
- Contact us: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Youtube
- A product of FireApps.io
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
511 37 52

Hi, @FreeSpiritSUP.

Please don't lose hope - I can absolutely understand that feeling of disappointment but I'm sure we can push through this together, let's have a look at some strategies to get things going Firstly, let me say your store looks amazing. I love the dynamic, exciting video in your header! I instantly get a feel for who your customer is. 

The best way to make money online is to get targeted traffic quickly through paid advertising. The good news is that many paid advertising channels allow you to pay per click. In some instances you can start with a budget as low as $10. Each advertising platform is different, and you should choose these channels based on who you’re targeting and how the tools allow you to reach potential buyers. If you're targeting specific countries, you might even want to check out which social networks are popular in certain markets.

Before exploring paid social media marketing, populate your main profile's feed with several posts (curating content is an easy way to go). Then it won’t be completely barren of activity when visitors check it out. This requires effective targeting - A piece of advice I'd also give you is to figure out EXACTLY who it is that you think your ideal target customer is; who are they? what age are they? Why would these products appeal to them & how are they currently going looking for these products? This podcast, 'Using Customer Profiles as a Filter for Making Better Business Decisions — Podcasts]' gives you a brilliant example of how to approach this. 

I would definitely advise having a read over this blog as a good starting point: How to Get Your First Sale in 30 Days: A Marketing Checklist for New Entrepreneur.

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog