Solved

Number behind orders never goes away

MDKSocks
Pathfinder
140 1 22

What.jpg

 I have send out all my orders and finished them. Still there is always a number behind bestellingen (orders). I think it are the 4 orders that I gave the customer some money back. How do I remove that 4?

Go sock yourself! -- https://mdksocks.nl
Accepted Solution (1)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @MDKSocks.

Thanks for bringing your question to our Community forum. I'm more than happy to provide some clarification on the number appearing beside 'Orders' in your Shopify admin

The number showing next to your Orders tab indicates any open orders. These orders may have been left open as there was further action made on them (refunding the customer) as you mentioned. Archiving these orders will make that number go away. When you fulfill an order, you can archive it to remove it from the list of open orders. When you archive an order, you don't delete it. You simply remove it from the open orders list. You can learn more about this process here: Archive a fulfilled order

From your Shopify admin, please click on Orders, and choose ‘Open’ from your orders list as seen below. This is going to show you the orders associated with the number displayed next to your Orders tab. Do you have any orders listed here? 

27-09-99421-73302

If so, please select all the orders, and choose to archive them from the ‘Actions’ dropdown. From there, you can go ahead and Archive those orders. Once you do so, please refresh the page. This should help to clear up those open orders. If not, please let me know and we can continue to look into this together.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear about your business! How has everything been going? 

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @MDKSocks.

Thanks for bringing your question to our Community forum. I'm more than happy to provide some clarification on the number appearing beside 'Orders' in your Shopify admin

The number showing next to your Orders tab indicates any open orders. These orders may have been left open as there was further action made on them (refunding the customer) as you mentioned. Archiving these orders will make that number go away. When you fulfill an order, you can archive it to remove it from the list of open orders. When you archive an order, you don't delete it. You simply remove it from the open orders list. You can learn more about this process here: Archive a fulfilled order

From your Shopify admin, please click on Orders, and choose ‘Open’ from your orders list as seen below. This is going to show you the orders associated with the number displayed next to your Orders tab. Do you have any orders listed here? 

27-09-99421-73302

If so, please select all the orders, and choose to archive them from the ‘Actions’ dropdown. From there, you can go ahead and Archive those orders. Once you do so, please refresh the page. This should help to clear up those open orders. If not, please let me know and we can continue to look into this together.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear about your business! How has everything been going? 

Talk soon, 

MDKSocks
Pathfinder
140 1 22

Thanks that worked!! 

Business is kinda slow right now, but I finally have the website as I want it. So I can focus more on marketing now!

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @MDKSocks.

That's awesome, I'm happy to hear we could get that sorted out. It sounds like you are off to a great start with finalizing your website. Since that is complete, marketing would be a great next move. A sound marketing strategy can help you build brand awareness, drive customer loyalty, and ultimately increase online sales. I love this helpful blog 17 Actionable Tactics to Drive More Sales, feel free to check it out for some inspiration.  

Who is your target audience? Do you have some marketing strategies in mind?

Best, 

MDKSocks
Pathfinder
140 1 22

We have to find out first! I am on Google Shopping only for now

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @MDKSocks.

That's great! If you are considering advertising on social media, I highly recommend checking out this blog which reviews social media marketing strategies. Social media can be really helpful to reach more people and increase the likelihood of your brand getting seen by the right people. You can also measure this using impressions/reach, likes, shares, mentions. If you have any questions about this in the future, don't hesitate to reach back out. We're always happy to help!

All the best, 

washu444
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, I have the same issue and have tried all the suggestions with no avail in getting rid of the "Open Order Number"