FROM CACHE - en_header

One customer account - multibles users

Dorte
2 0 0

Hi,

We have a group of B2B customers that want to share the same login/user name and e-mail adress. Have anyone tried this with good results?

We use the app EasyLockdown to lock down their collection.

Thanks 🙂

Replies 3 (3)
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1472 140 334

Hi @Dorte,

Thank you for getting in touch and for asking your question. Can you tell me more about why your B2B customers would want to share an account rather than having their own on the site?

I'd be happy to make some recommendations but I'd first like to better understand why sharing a single account would be desirable.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Dorte
2 0 0

Hi Victor,

Great to hear from you. I vill try to elaborate:

Our business model:  We sell customized work wear and training clothes (with logo print and/or embroidery), and quite often the company has a budget of which they need to keep track.

Some of our business partners are companies with many employees. If one single employee takes care of ordering, it's no problem. But in this case, the company has 6 departments and no one assigned to this job, ordering the clothing. So each employee will order by themselves using their own credit card.

I hope this explains it a little better.

Thank you 🙂

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1472 140 334

Hi @Dorte,

Right, thank you. I can see why having numerous users share a single account would be beneficial in this instance.

This might be something that you could work out on a case-by-case business, and consult with the business on how they operate. Some may prefer to have a single account that numerous employees can log into and use, whereas others may prefer that each employee has their own login and account for ordering purposes.

With the EasyLockdown app, are you able to grant multiple users access to the collection when they've signed up? If so, you could then grant users access to a collection when they sign up with their work email, for example.

There are a variety of wholesale apps available on the Shopify App Store that I'd encourage you to check out. Some may offer the functionality of numerous customer accounts from the same business, among many other features. I'd recommend browsing through some of the available options to see if there are any that appeal to you.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog