One page checkout conversion drop off

MikevPD
Shopify Partner
15 0 3

So I've been using the new one page checkout recently on my store however I'm noticing a big drop off from reached checkouts to converted. It was never like this with 3 page checkout.

I watch google analytics real time and most people are dropping off from /checkout/contact_information which means that they are not even putting their email/phone in the field and they don't show up within the abandoned checkouts page in admin.

Replies 2 (2)
Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1000 42 261

Is it statistically significant though? A drop off in a few days or not enough transactions means nothing as it could be something like the traffic source.

Note the date of the change. Swap back. Repeat for at least a few hundred transactions so you get statistical significance. If it happens twice and the standard checkout performs as expected, you know what to do—no point using something that hurts performance. It's surprising.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
John58
Not applicable
3 0 0

Did you get this fixed? I just upgraded to one page checkout and have the same problem now. Google isn't seeing sales.