One-Page Checkout - Express Checkout Buttons Not Showing

One-Page Checkout - Express Checkout Buttons Not Showing

George_Greenhil
Trailblazer
175 0 58

Hey there,

Just upgraded to Shopify's new one-page checkout.

After doing some testing, I noticed that on Safari on an Apple device that the Express Checkout buttons never load in and are constantly greyed out such as PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay etc. at the top of the new checkout page.

I have attached a video of this - my website is proteinpackage.co.uk.

Is this a known issue or is this just something wrong with my store?

Bonus question - how do you change the cart icon colour on the new one-page checkout without changing all accent colours?

Replies 9 (9)

SideNode
Shopify Partner
159 38 42

hi @George_Greenhil 
Its SideNode! We will be happy to help you today.

I have verified the functionality on real Apple devices using Safari, and it appears to be working correctly. If you encounter the error again, please ensure that you are connected to reliable devices. If the issue persists on certain specific devices, kindly provide information about the device you are testing on, so that we can assist you more effectively.

As per the screenshot provided, the functionality appears to be working correctly.

SideNode_0-1691574241646.png

If I was able to assist you, please remember to give it a Like and Mark it as the Solution!

Let me know if need further assistance
Regards,
SideNode

If helpful, please Like and Accept this Solution to help others
SHOPIFY APP DEVELOPMENT | BOOK FREE SHOPIFY CONSULTATION
George_Greenhil
Trailblazer
175 0 58

Hey @SideNode 

So I'm using the below:

iMac 24-inch, M1, 2021 Apple M1

Ventura 13.5 (22G74)

Safari Version 16.6 (18615.3.12.11.2)

Tried private and regular windows without any luck at all. On the same device using Google Chrome, they display perfectly.

Also - on the new one-page checkout - how do you change the little cart icon in the top right corner of the banner (attached) without changing the checkout accent colour which we need to blue?

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 15.34.02.png

GNVEcom
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey @George_Greenhil , I'm getting this exact same error on the checkout page. Only for iOS safari mobile phones. androids and laptops work. Did you find a fix? I'm using the one-page-checkout, but when i reverted back to the old 3-page, the error was still there for safari mobile. 

Garyjordan
Tourist
5 0 4

I am having this same issue, did anybody find a fix for it?

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2275 154 263

Hi, @Garyjordan.

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you able to advise what browsers/device(s) you're using that the express checkout buttons are not displaying on? If you're able to provide a bit more context on the issue, this can help our team.  

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Garyjordan
Tourist
5 0 4

Its on IOS, on safari from what I have noticed. I am surprised more people have not noticed this and there has not been a fix for this yet.

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2275 154 263

Thanks for your follow-up and providing that context, @Garyjordan.

I would like our Internal Team to take a more detailed look at your account to determine where the issue is stemming from. In order to do so, please head to the Shopify Help Center to create a support request. 

Victoria | Shopify 

WheelieTees
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. I'm using safari. It's grayed out, but you can click the buttons and it goes to what it's suppose to.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1722 110 223

Thanks for letting us know! Please get in touch with Shopify Support via the Help Center so we can investigate and help you resolve the issue.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify