One Product Type from Multiple Vendors

annasgarden
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there, 

We are a garden centre and we bring in houseplants from multiple vendors - meaning example we receive ZZ plants from (2) different farms/vendors with different SKUs & Barcodes but we only want them to show up once online.

Do you have a suggestion for how we can do this as we run into an issue where the ZZ plant from vendor (a) will sell out but we actually have them in-store from vendor (b). 

Creating a new code is no really an option as we receive so many plants daily and then adds another step from Stocky side for things. 

Open to any and all suggestions and ideas for how to go about this? 

Reply 1 (1)

Iris
Shopify Staff
815 67 99

Hi @annasgarden ,

Thanks for reaching out. That’s an interesting question. 

To keep different Barcodes and SKUs, it will be essential to create variants. For example, you might make an option, call it ‘Warehouse’ or ‘Brand’, and then create variants for each supplier. 

This will allow customers to access that product from one product page. It will also make it hassle-free for you when it comes to inventory. 

I created an example in the below screenshots, so it’s easier to understand the idea. Head over to Shopify admin and click Products. Add a new product and include all the necessary information. Select ‘This product has options’ as shown below:

06-27-19069-53041

To ensure either of the variants stops selling when their inventory level reaches 0, click Edit next to each variant and scroll down to the Inventory section. This box will not be selected by default, but let's double-check for both of your variants to avoid further confusion. 

06-31-75239-90146

If you want to hide out of stock variants completely, you can follow this guide. However, if you don’t feel comfortable editing the template code yourself, you can always reach out to our Support team. Assuming your store uses Shopify free theme and has enough complimentary design time left, our team can customise this for you. 

You can reach out to our Contact Us page on this link. Then log in to your store. It will allow us to verify you as the store owner securely. Once you have successfully logged in, you should be able to reach out to a Support Advisor and discuss the customisation request.

Let me know if that works for you.

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog