Where should you store operational data in Shopify?

PaulSI
Visitor
1 0 0
Hello Everyone, 

when you are setting up your store where do you usually store you operational data like inventory stocks, prices (which tend to change quite often nowadays) and etc. ? Sheets? some database ? some system? Appreciate your reply.

regards,
No/Low Code Integrations Apps
Replies 2 (2)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi there, @PaulSI.

Thanks for reaching out to the community! What kind of store do you have and products do you sell?  

I understand that you're looking for a way to store your store's operational data like inventory stocks, prices etc.

Have you already had a chance to look into importing and exporting information using a CSV file? A CSV file is a great way to import, export or back up store information. You can import or export CSV files into Google sheets.

For better visibility on how to use a CSV file and backup store information I'll share two resources below from our help center.

Resources:

Another option is to look into Rewind Backups to help backup store information or recover data. Rewind Backups can backup store information like: products and product images, orders and collections, themes and theme files, store policies, locations, shipping zones and much more. I recommend reviewing the app using the View Demo Store button located on the app page and learning more about the benefits and features it offers.

If you require assistance with installing the app or have questions on how it integrates with other apps, I recommend contacting the third-party app developer directly. You can use the Get Support option located on the app page under Support. On the other hand you can also have a look at our Shopify help center resource for getting help with third-party apps.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BriCham
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello @PaulSI

I would love to know what kind of store you have? What do you sell? 

I recommend you look into a tool like Cogsy. It is an inventory management solution that helps you forecast sales, keeps inventory updated in real-time, automatically creates POs when needed, and even helps you sell in backorder. It has great features! I'd recommend a tool like this one instead of spreadsheets as they are prone to human error. 

Check out Cogsy's website for more info, resources, and case studies on how this tool has helped out other businesses grow better!  

I'd be more than glad to respond to any other questions you may have about this topic. 

Have a great day!