Order confirmation email goes to "Promotions" tab in email

Codenamerare
Excursionist
20 3 1

hey, the order confirmation email goes always to the promotions tab instead of primary or updates, how can I fix it? (btw different email such as password reset goes to the primary tab)

it's really annoying because most of the promotions tab is just spam and customers often won't see the email.

(adding a message in the checkout page is optional but I'm looking to fix the issue completely )

Replies 4 (4)
Seanse07
2 0 0

Sorry I can't help you more, but this is something I have been dealing with as well. I will try my best to give you some actionable path forward.

The issue is probably stemming from the HTML integrated into your email template. Google does a good job of filter templated emails into promotions vs. written emails into primary etc. etc.

Your best bet is to go to Settings --> Notifications --> Order Confirmations (or which ever way you are contacting your customers). Then open your template, and start deleting the HTML until all you have is your bare bone content left. You need to have a general understanding of how HTML works and what needs to go where but after some trial and error of deleting and previewing (you can always revert back to default), you should be able to shave off most of that HTML that is causing the email to go to promotions. 

Hope that helps. Best of luck!

marioprap
1 0 0

Hi, Im going through the same problem aswell. I did shave off all my HTML but no results at all. Any idea?

DeepakIND
3 0 0

Hi, 

Im facing similar problem, could you please help or share some templates which will work?

Actually this is very frustrating for store onwer and for the customer too.

btw i'm using 3rd party email purchased from godaddy and also added spf records like this 

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:secureserver.net ~all

will appreciate any further help.

-Deepak

Varun22
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hey Guys, 

I'm facing similar issue with my store. Does anybody has any workaround to resolve this issue ?

Please Help!!!