Can you view Shopify order numbers in Stripe payment reports?

Originaldiag
Visitor
1 0 2

Hello, We have connected multiple stores to our stripe account, and it's tough for us to identify each payment. We exported all payments, but we can't find the order number. How can we see the order number in our payments report? Shopify shows orders like this #1001, #1002, but stripe shows orders like this: c20504176790373.1

Replies 5 (5)

BetterReportsT
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi @Originaldiag,

Tiia here from Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports can help with your Stripe reporting. Firstly, we can customize your Stripe reports to include the order number and we can consolidate data from multiple Stripe accounts!

Our app provides detailed reporting of all of your Stripe data including balance transactions, invoices, charges, customers, payout, and more.

Common use cases include:

• Reconcile payout with individual balance transactions
  • Weekly / Monthly detailed and summary of transactions
  • Charge by outcome, payment method and decline reasons
  • Active, canceled, trialing and inactive subscriptions, by price, plan and product
  • Customer list
  • Disputes and their outcomes
  • Break down of draft, open, unpaid and uncollectible invoices
  • Issuing transactions by card and cardholders
  • Radar review queue
  • Consolidate data from multiple Stripe accounts
  • Metadata fields

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

What do you think? 

mgtimsssss
Visitor
1 0 1

the same problem, i installed the app but i did't fount any shopify order id field to add or select 

slgrogan
Visitor
1 0 0

Good afternoon,

I have the same issue the person who logged the issue regarding mismatched order identifiers in Shopify vs Stripe.  I also have the same issue for Shopify order payments collected via Amazon Pay.

Can you show me what report I would use to reconcile order payments?

Regards,

Sharon

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @slgrogan,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team. I would recommend our app Better Reports for this! 

As Tiia mentioned, Better Reports has a connector with Stripe where we can retrieve order data. We can also do this directly in our app for Shopify!

Stripe passes along the Stripe order ID (format like c20504176790373.1) to Shopify contained within the payment gateway receipt. We can create a custom field to extract this data from the receipt so you can associate the Stripe order ID with the Shopify order name. If you provide example information available in Amazon, we can see if the same data is passed along to Shopify to correlate with orders.

In addition to custom reporting capabilities, Better Reports offers more than 60 built-in reports that cover your most common reporting needs including sales, current inventory, refunds, payouts, and more. Our reports can even be scheduled to send at a set frequency to your email or Google Drive!

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

SpeakTextOnline
Tourist
5 0 1

  

Hi @Originaldiag 

You can use https://SpeakTextOnline.com which provides Shopify & Stripe tool that allows to get Shopify orders IDs in Stripe payments reports.

Plus this tool has expo
rting functionality in multiple formats such PDF, CSV, etc..

For any questions, feel free to contact at info@speaktextonline.com

shopify_stripe.pngoutput.png

Thanks,
Khaled

Khaled Alam | https://linkedin.com/in/khaledalam/
email: info@speaktextonline.com