Order Notifications

Healthwhisperer
Tourist
4 0 1

I could swear I've run across this before, but is there a checklist for notification emails you want or don't want to receive?  I don't  need to be notified for every order and payment accepted, but I can't find where to turn those off so they don't come to my store email address.  Help!

Replies 2 (2)
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 141 83

Hey, @Healthwhisperer! Welcome to Shopify Community!

You can remove your email address or staff account as a recipient of order notifications in the Notifications page of your Shopify admin. Feel free to follow the steps below to do this.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. Scroll down to Staff order notifications.
    • If you want to temporarily disable order notifications for a recipient, click the Disable button beside the appropriate email.
    • If you want to remove indefinitely order notifications for a recipient, click the trash icon beside the appropriate email.

If you wish to add your email address as a recipient in the future, you can simply go back to the Notifications page and click Add recipient on the same page. From there, you can select a staff member or email address under Notification method.

If you're looking for an alternative way to be notified about orders besides email, you can enable notifications through the Shopify mobile app. If this is something you'd like to do, you can refer to this guide.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Healthwhisperer
Tourist
4 0 1

@Summer Thanks for your help.  I've managed to get rid of those notifications, but I'm still getting the ones about payments, which I also don't need or want.  I could swear there was a list of notifications I wanted to receive somewhere, and of course, when I was originally setting up shop, I checked them all so I could track performance on several criteria.  Now that I'm several months in, I realize most of those are more of an annoyance than anything, and I'd like to revisit that list of notifications to pick more carefully the ones I want to receive and the ones I don't want to see in my email.  Am I dreaming that there was a list like this originally?  If not, how can I access it again to tweak my preferences?