Can I still receive payment if an order shows refunded on Shopify?

Angie8418
Visitor
2 0 0

I have a customer who sent payment via express paypal however I didn't have my business side of Paypal completed yet so it just sat there as pending. On the order info page it gave me the option to Send Invoice which I did -- and she paid me. However, the original order (Paypal express) shows refunded. If I fulfill her order on my orders page will I still receive my payment fine?

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@Angie8418 

It sounds like you created a draft order for this customer and collected the payment twice; however, the first payment was refunded as you didn't have a business account set up with Paypal, is that correct? 

If yes, then I suspect the funds you have in your Paypal account are for the second order, and the funds that were initially paid were automatically refunded as they weren't connected to your Paypal account. However; I would recommend contacting Paypal Support with the payment information you can find in the original order. If you open the original order, scroll down to the order timeline, then click on the payment line, you'll find the information Paypal will need to track the funds. They can then confirm if the funds were refunded, while also confirming that you did get a second payment for the second order.  

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog