order quotes?

alanrichardtex
Excursionist
44 3 2

Hi, one of the products we sell is pillows, and we offer custom size pillows. So i want to be able to set something up where a customer can make an order that is just for us to give them a quote. what would be the best way to set that up? preferabbly without using an app. my site is alanrichardtextiles.com

Replies 4 (4)

Ellie-BOGOS
Explorer
65 9 12

Hi @alanrichardtex 😁

This is Ellie from BOGOS.io Free gift. 

Can you please clarify what you mean by "quote"? Is this a custom pillow with quote, or do you mean you want a quote appears in customers' checkout, or is this something else?

Let me know so I can help.

If it is helpful, let me know by giving a Like or Accept solution.
Use BOGOS.io Free gift to create special promotions: BOGO, gift with purchase, product bundles on your store!
Have a nice day ^_^
alanrichardtex
Excursionist
44 3 2

i want the customer to be able to submit the size they want. and have it show up in our orders, but not need to be fufilled since its only a quote not an actual order. 

Ellie-BOGOS
Explorer
65 9 12

I’m not entirely sure how your store works, but here are my recommendations

1. Enable cart notes

Cart notes let customers specify their preferred pillow sizes. To enable this:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes
  • Find the Dawn theme, and then click Customize
  • Choose Theme settings -> Cart -> Enable cart note

cartnote.jpg

2. Create a customized digital product

If the cart note option doesn’t work for your store, consider creating a digital product used for writing the sizes. You can add a note field where customers can specify their size when they add the product to their cart; this YouTube guide could be helpful: https://youtu.be/vTtohQ4LK_E?si=VbLrCdmwDsM6Nj8k

For shipping settings, you can enable automatically fulfilled upon purchase normally.

Please let me know if this works for you! 😁

If it is helpful, let me know by giving a Like or Accept solution.
Use BOGOS.io Free gift to create special promotions: BOGO, gift with purchase, product bundles on your store!
Have a nice day ^_^

LuffyOnePiece
Shopify Partner
603 86 103

Hi @alanrichardtex ,

We do can pass the custom size as a line item attribute in order.

Let me need if you need any assistance.

Thank you

Sandeep Pangeni
Need help with your store? sandeeppangeni17@gmail.com
For quick response, Contact In WhatsApp +9779867521184