Solved

Order report filtering // Including/excluding order tag from results

Emilie_Jalie
Excursionist
19 0 7

Here is the context:

We have two types of customers: Retailers (tagged "Retailer" in the customer account) and Non-Retailers (no "Retailer" tag)

We use EasyTagging to automatically tag each order placed by a Retailer. We add "Retailer_order". 

Now that we have a filter on the order,  we would like (need) to filter the "/admin/reports/sales_by_product_name" to either include or exclude  "tags": "Retailer_order"

We are not on Advance yet so I do not know if the custom fields allow that or now.

Can anybody tell me if :
1 - There is an affordable app to filter and create reports that are easy to read like the native "sales_by_product_name" report 
2 - If upgrading to Advanced would allow me to do that?

I wish Shopify would simply add all order attributes as filter options. It would make our lives so much easier 🙂

P.S.: I know I can generate an export on the order page, but I want to skip the part where I have to manipulate raw data in a spreadsheet and group everything. Something that looks like the native Shopify sales report is what I'm looking for.

Accepted Solution (1)

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
176 6 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Emilie_Jalie,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

I would recommend our app Better Reports for this!

We can create a custom field that categorizes orders based on whether or not the 'retailer_order' tag is present. We can apply this field to a custom sales by product report to show product sales by customer type (retailer vs non-retailers). You can also apply this field as a filter to include/exclude orders by customer type.

This custom report can be saved to your app home page so you can access it whenever you want without having to manually organize the data.

In addition to our custom report capabilities, we have 60+ built-in reports and our reports can be scheduled to send directly to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
176 6 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Emilie_Jalie,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

I would recommend our app Better Reports for this!

We can create a custom field that categorizes orders based on whether or not the 'retailer_order' tag is present. We can apply this field to a custom sales by product report to show product sales by customer type (retailer vs non-retailers). You can also apply this field as a filter to include/exclude orders by customer type.

This custom report can be saved to your app home page so you can access it whenever you want without having to manually organize the data.

In addition to our custom report capabilities, we have 60+ built-in reports and our reports can be scheduled to send directly to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

analytics2
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

In case of our store we send custom 'order notes' as per different criteria placed on the checkout process, with the help of Shopify Flow app we have created flow and those order notes create relevant 'order tags' with these conditions. 

Now we want to create reports on the basis of order tags, like how much sales/orders came from specific tags with ability to see this data for certain period of time and more of like that.

Can we create elaborate reports like this with @BetterReports-K ?

Is it possible with @BetterReports-K ? Please reply. And to test your trial version do we need credit card?   

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
176 6 16

Hi @analytics2,

I think Better Reports can definitely help with your use case!

We can filter reports with the 'order is tagged with' field to show sales/orders for specific tags or combinations of tags. We can also create custom filters if more elaborate filtering is required and would work with you to get the reports exactly as you need them.

You do not need a credit card to use the app, simply install Better Reports from the app store and you will get a 14-day free trial period after which you would be automatically transitioned to a paid subscription charged to your  Shopify account. If you uninstall prior to the free trial period ending, you will not be charged.

Once you install, reach out to us at hello@betterreports.com with your request and we'll be happy to help you set this up!

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.