Ordering problem

Solved
A_W_Butt14
1 0 0

Hi

im having an issue with ordering an item through my website to test if the items can be ordered from my website as soon as i reached to the checkouts, i’ve entered every detail that it asked for, as soon as i clicked next, it says “This order can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again.”

After this, i tried entering another address, but it keeps saying the same thing.

Does anyone know the solution for this please?

Thank you

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Rick
Shopify Staff
35 6 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @A_W_Butt14 

This sounds like it could be down to the shipping rates that you have configured on your store. Usually when we see an error in the checkout relating to the entered address, it would mean that there are no available shipping rates for the order.

I would advise checking over your shipping rates by navigating to Settings > Shipping & Delivery > Manage Rates. Here you can check to ensure you have the appropriate shipping zones & rates entered for the destinations you are shipping to. Also, if you have any order price/item weight conditions on your rates, just double check that you have them set to be inclusive of the order you're trying to test. Any weight conditions will need to take into account the total combined item weight of the order, including the package weight itself.

We have a handy help doc which explains how to Set up Shipping Rates here that should be useful as a guide. Have you considered offering some free shipping rates to encourage sales and improve your conversion rate? With Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming soon, it could be something to consider as unexpected shipping fees are one of the main reasons for abandoned carts. Check out this Blog post on Free Shipping & Conversion to learn a bit more about how that could benefit your sales.

Feel free to go ahead and make any edits to your shipping rates as needed, and then try placing the test order again. Let me know how you get on with that so I can make sure this gets sorted for you!

Rick | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Rick
Shopify Staff
35 6 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @A_W_Butt14 

This sounds like it could be down to the shipping rates that you have configured on your store. Usually when we see an error in the checkout relating to the entered address, it would mean that there are no available shipping rates for the order.

I would advise checking over your shipping rates by navigating to Settings > Shipping & Delivery > Manage Rates. Here you can check to ensure you have the appropriate shipping zones & rates entered for the destinations you are shipping to. Also, if you have any order price/item weight conditions on your rates, just double check that you have them set to be inclusive of the order you're trying to test. Any weight conditions will need to take into account the total combined item weight of the order, including the package weight itself.

We have a handy help doc which explains how to Set up Shipping Rates here that should be useful as a guide. Have you considered offering some free shipping rates to encourage sales and improve your conversion rate? With Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming soon, it could be something to consider as unexpected shipping fees are one of the main reasons for abandoned carts. Check out this Blog post on Free Shipping & Conversion to learn a bit more about how that could benefit your sales.

Feel free to go ahead and make any edits to your shipping rates as needed, and then try placing the test order again. Let me know how you get on with that so I can make sure this gets sorted for you!

Rick | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

gilesatwell
1 0 0

Hello - I have the same problem - we've recently changed shop 'location' and everything has migrated fine, except one set of packs (single pouches, vs the double or triple packs) where we add a surcharge to cover postage is now refusing to be added to any consumer basket. This is infuriating for them & for us!

I've tried going through all the various checklists, synchronising pack rates, checking for glitches kg vs grams etc. but I continue to get the message: "This order can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again."

Help please!

Thanks

Giles

VPEARL
1 0 0

I have the same issue and I have tried EVERYTHING. I am about to pull my hair out. What happened to actual live SHOPIFY SUPPORT?? I am struggling with this and it is keeping me from launching my store!!!!!!!!!!!!