Our client is using our email address in their store, and not fulfilling customer orders

swayliving
Visitor
1 0 0

We developed a shopify site for a client a while back. They then went ahead and launched the store but retained our email address on all store email notifications. Also, somehow my cell phone ended up on a customer's credit card statement. 

Anyway, the ex-customer has not responded to us when we tell them to remove our email address from the account. 

And customers are getting their order receipts sent from our email address as well, and they're reaching out to us, understandably upset, looking for updates on their orders. 

I just want to distance myself from this whole scenario, I don't know what is going on with the store owner, why they won't reply to me. But how can I escalate this to Shopify admin, to get my email address removed from the Shopify site that we don't have access to, and aren't affiliated with anymore. 

Reply 1 (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1674 170 271

Hi, @swayliving 
Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that a merchant is using your email address and phone number. Feel free to use the Privacy Controls page to submit a request to remove this information. 

If you would like, please get in contact with partner support here so that the right team can take a closer look at this for you.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog