Can I restrict shipping and payments to the UK on Shopify?

RickOz
4 0 0

Not sure I am posting in the right place, if not accept my appologies...

I need to make my website so that the shipping and payments are only allowed for UK, but orders can be placed for overseas destinations, where I can manually calculate the shipping and send a link in email/or invoice from shopify listing products with postage either option would have a payment button. Is this easy to do - if not could someone do it for me or will I have to pay a developer?

Also is it safe to have a third party in your admin to set things up?

Replies 7 (7)

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

I think if you just set up shipping within UK and not set up other areas, then the store will not allow people to buy from your store as there are no shipping options.

I don't think you need a developer for this as you can do it yourself within settings----shipping and set up Uk only.

RickOz
4 0 0

Hi - yes I know I can do this, but I still need it to accept orders to worldwide destinations for which I will calculate shipping manually and send an invoice/email with a button to pay which will include the postage. Thanks

Also need an answer to second question regarding security...

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 15.44.51.pngScreenshot 2021-11-13 at 15.44.35.png

RickOz
4 0 0

Hi - I know how to apply different shipping rates/zones.

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

if you only set up uk the store wont be selling abroad

RickOz
4 0 0

Hi - me too!

I still need it to accept orders to worldwide destinations for which I will calculate shipping manually and send an invoice/email with a button to pay which will include the postage. Thanks

Also need an answer to second question regarding security...

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26
We do the same here, but we set up the rates, and if more needed we just email and invoice customer.
Send them payment link and they pay, you can save a lot of time with this in shopify instead of all the manual work,
One of the reasons we chosen shopify.

We say for example worldwide carriage is FROM 55£, and have terms any customer can read.
If they chose royal mail worldwide that is less, if they chose wrong carriage we email them and send them the payment link.