Why does changing product color or size lead to a 404 error on Shopify?

IanDang
Excursionist
52 0 13

I have a problem where whenever I click to change the color or size, it goes to page 404 not found, but for the same product on my home page, you can change size and color with no problem. I added new products and they also don't work so it might have to do with something with the code

Thanks,

Replies 6 (6)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hi @IanDang ,

Can you share the URL with screenshot !

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @IanDang,

As @oscprofessional mentioned, would it be possible to share a link to your store or page or a screenshot where this is happening so we can take a look and understand it better. 

In the meantime without seeing this or knowing more about why this could be happening, I wonder if the URL redirects could work for you as a solution? 

URL redirects can be used to redirect traffic from one web page to another. When you change a URL on your Shopify store, you can create a URL redirect to ensure your customers can still find what they're looking for.

For example, if you delete a product, you can set up a URL redirect so that when customers enter the URL for that product, they are redirected to a similar product on your store.

Let me know if this could be a solution! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

IanDang
Excursionist
52 0 13

I have solved the problem, but I want to say thank you for responding that fast. I have another question that I posted and it would be great if you could take a look at it

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

password....

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
IanDang
Excursionist
52 0 13

Image123

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hi @IanDang ,

You are having issue or solved?