Solved

Page Speed Insights returns :no data found

huanla01
Tourist
4 1 0

I recently did some exercise to help improve my store speed, but when I tried to use Google PageSpeed Insights to re-calculate the store speed its returning results:" No data found". A few contractors i have reached out to mentioned, there was a recent update on the PageSpeed Insights, and its conflicting with Shopify. Does this happen to anyone else? 

Accepted Solution (1)
huanla01
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I have reached out to the Shopify support team. They have confirmed this is an issue on Google's side. The IT team is working with Google on a fix and it will hopefully be resolved soon. But not ETA provided. At the moment, use other speed testing site. Shopify had mentioned: https://tools.pingdom.com

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Gamerseo
Pathfinder
149 3 14

Can we have a link to your store?

We help by creating professional SEO and marketing services for the gaming industry
huanla01
Tourist
4 1 0

Yes, it is vessils.com

Thanks!

Gamerseo
Pathfinder
149 3 14

It's quite strange, but we saw 77 points in the first call. With subsequent checks, we see an error. The easiest way is to check the page speed with a different tool.

We help by creating professional SEO and marketing services for the gaming industry

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

I have the same thing on our website - and can't seem to find an answer or explanation anywhere?

huanla01
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I have reached out to the Shopify support team. They have confirmed this is an issue on Google's side. The IT team is working with Google on a fix and it will hopefully be resolved soon. But not ETA provided. At the moment, use other speed testing site. Shopify had mentioned: https://tools.pingdom.com

RACHEL7
Tourist
11 0 1

Thanks for explaining, hope they fix this soon!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

In some cases of getting errors, like the below,  try the following,

If your trying the index, i.e. site.com, instead try site.com/index or site.com/index.html

Or an different url site.com/collections

If the above works a test to try is make a url that just redirects to /  (if that does anything please tell)

mimetype error

Lighthouse returned error: NOT_HTML. The page provided is not HTML (served as MIME type text/plain).

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

fearfighter
Visitor
1 0 0

I have found that you can still use lighthouse in the chrome developer tools to check page speed if you need to. seems accurate. Glad to hear the issues isn't with my site!

brainsmith24
Visitor
1 0 0

When trying to recalculate store speed using Google PageSpeed Insights after doing exercises to improve it, the tool returns "No data found" results. Some contractors suggest that the recent PageSpeed Insights update is conflicting with Shopify. It's unclear if this issue is happening to anyone else.

To resolve this issue, you can try:

1. Checking if the issue is specific to your store or a general issue with PageSpeed Insights.
  2. Checking if there are any Shopify updates that could be causing the conflict.
  3. Reaching out to Shopify support or PageSpeed Insights support for further assistance.

By following these steps, you can identify and resolve the issue that is causing the "No data found" results on Google PageSpeed Insights.