Partner Phone Support

kailasachse
Pathfinder
81 0 31

I just tried calling the phone support line as directed from Support > Call Us, heard a message stating support was available M-F 8a-9p Eastern time, then the line hung up. 

I called within those times, Wednesday at 730p EST.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with phone support?

Working with small businesses to establish branding, online presence, and strategy for marketing and operations.
Replies 5 (5)
Rein
Shopify Staff
78 6 7

Hi, @kailasachse!

The line should have been live. Did you manage to connect at all since then? I have not seen any outages here for the line, however, you could also avail of our live chat for support if the phone line is unavailable for any reason. 

Rein | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kailasachse
Pathfinder
81 0 31

Hey @Rein ,

Not sure if it was live or not.
The line hung up on me automatically after playing the "hours of operation" message.
It was strange because I was calling during open hours.
I tried calling a few times, all with the same result.

I then hopped on chat, and after 4 hours it was determined that the agent and tech teams couldn't figure out the issue.
Honestly, the whole chat experience felt dismissive.

It was overall a terrible experience.

Best,
Kaila

Working with small businesses to establish branding, online presence, and strategy for marketing and operations.
Rein
Shopify Staff
78 6 7

I am very sorry to hear that you feel it was not a good experience. 

I would like to get some more context on this interaction if that is ok. Can you tell me after the length of the chat, was there to be any planned follow-up, such as an escalation or research to be done? 

Or was it determined to be not an issue internal with Shopify? 

kailasachse
Pathfinder
81 0 31

Hey @Rein,

I appreciate your understanding.

The chat support agent said that the technical team thinks it had to do with a .csv file import, but what couldn't be explained was how one item on that file was fine while the rest were affected.

What was also strange was the innate behavior of the .csv file export/import process -- I had originally done a mass export of all product, and my inventory counts weren't included in the export.
I changed how the variants were typed out (e.g. "Small" to "S",) and used that same file to import.

It was then that all but one of the products had zeroed inventory in Shopify after the import.
I didn't receive any warning prompts that the inventory was going to be affected for any reason by the file.
It was bizarre, considering I used the exact export file and only changed variant label text.

Ultimately, there was no mention of escalation or follow-up by the agent.
She said the technical team had the information, but I haven't heard from them about this since (that was on the 6th, today is the 26th.)

Best,
Kaila

Rein
Shopify Staff
78 6 7

Thanks, @kailasachse for the information here.

While I cannot check this out for you, I do recommend following up again by either replying to the email or by chatting in via the online portal you are already using to contact us.

I know it's very frustrating not hearing anything back, however, any of our advisors can follow up on this for you and give you the reasoning behind the delay here as well as perhaps get a solution on the line with them.