Password protect collection or page

Momsstitchetti
Excursionist
22 0 16

Is there a way to password protect a page or collection WITHOUT an app?

I am setting up a patreon to allow customers early access to products and access to exclusive products. I really cannot afford to continue to buy apps.

I found a video on how to password protect a collection based on customer tags, but i want to be able to create a password to provide to customers who i want to have access to the page or collection so there isn't as much manual work on my end. I have a very basic understanding of code and can edit it with guidance.

Replies 7 (7)
Momsstitchetti
Excursionist
22 0 16

How do I password protect the collection or page? That’s what I’m struggling with- the only thing I’ve found is a way to make customers log into my website, but I want to create the password and provide it to my customers. 

vonwjewellery
5 0 0

Same here!

Momsstitchetti
Excursionist
22 0 16

Just an update - So far I’ve still only found apps. I have been using the locksmith app which works well, I’m just tired of constantly paying for new apps!

vonwjewellery
5 0 0

Same here. I just downloaded Locksmith but now it's not loading!! And my 24 hour exclusive access campaign is starting in less than 12 hours... I may just give up on tech and go back to doing markets haha!

Momsstitchetti
Excursionist
22 0 16

Oh no!! Have you reached out to their customer service? I’m sorry I know that’s probably stressful!

vonwjewellery
5 0 0

Thank you for your empathy. I REALLY appreciate it after today. They had an outage but it seems ok again! All done now, finally!!! 

Hope this holiday season will go well for you!

topnewyork
Navigator
285 32 43

@Momsstitchetti 

Hi, You can do this very easily by following this video.

Need a Shopify developer?
Hire us at topnewyorkwebdesign.com
For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
Subscribe to our youtube channel