Solved

Password Reset email not received

spotyourcolors
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

I have a customer who says they have tried multiple times to reset their password and are not receiving the reset email.  I tried on my end as well and she still did not receive an email.  I Don't know if this is a shopify issue or email issue...

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

This is an accepted solution.

Are emails landing in the junk/spam box? Are they using a common email provider such as Gmail, yahoo, outlook?

Possibly, consider sending an email to merchant support, maybe they can look into the logs.
Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

This is an accepted solution.

Are emails landing in the junk/spam box? Are they using a common email provider such as Gmail, yahoo, outlook?

Possibly, consider sending an email to merchant support, maybe they can look into the logs.
Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
spotyourcolors
Visitor
2 0 1

I had asked her all that and if she had a different email (she is using an att.net).  Took her a while to get back to me then was embarrassed because the emails had went into her spam.  I assumed she had checked that but I guess I shouldn't assume!  thanks for the tips

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

@spotyourcolors 

Thanks for the follow-up!

Wellness2022
Excursionist
13 0 7

I just wanted to chime in and say thank you. I was going crazy trying to figure out why customers weren't receiving password reset emails, and I was literally on live chat with support for almost an hour troubleshooting until I came across this thread. 

novellyyours
Tourist
3 0 2

I am having the same issue. Customer has checked spam, not there. She is using gmail. I can't contact merchant support because it's asking me to verify my account details, which I have already done, and won't let me proceed. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @novellyyours 

I'd be happy to help you with this! You should be able to connect with our live chat support team at any time through our Help Center. You mentioned having some issues verifying your account details, can you share some more information about that? What issue are you seeing? 

You can initiate a password reset for a customer account from within their customer profile in your admin. If you they are still not receiving it then connecting with our authenticated chat support is the next step in troubleshooting this. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

novellyyours
Tourist
3 0 2
Hello,
Please see attached. I cannot access chat support.

I don't see how I am able to initiate a password reset. I dont't see that
option in the customer profile.
Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @novellyyours 

Thanks for following up about this. I see that you mentioned having something attached to your reply, but I don't see any screenshots or any attachments to review with you. You can use the camera icon in the reply editor to insert images to your response here. Please go ahead and attach any screenshots you have showing the errors you are experiencing. 

• Clear your browser cookies and cache. After this, please close and reopen the browser.
  • Try on another web browser, and an incognito window to rule out any browser issues. 
  • Ensure the web browser is up to date and on the latest version.
  • Try another device, like another computer or mobile phone.
  • Try another internet connection (example, switch to a cellular network on a phone rather than wifi.)
  • Ensure you do not have any firewalls, pop up blockers or VPNS enabled on the device as these can interfere with your access to our Help Center chat support.

If your customers are using the classic customer account, then you can find the detailed steps on managing them and resetting a customer password in our Help Center here: Manage Customer Accounts.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 

novellyyours
Tourist
3 0 2

here are the attachments Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.45.39 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.48.43 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.48.53 AM.png

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

Hi @novellyyours,

Thank you for sharing those screenshots. To confirm however, have you attempted all of the troubleshooting steps above? 

As you're not seeing the option to send a password reset email, our support team would need to investigate further. Please be sure to try accessing the Help Center from another browser, device, and internet connection to see if this helps to resolve.

Please let me know how it goes. 

Blair | Shopify