Paying more for shipping than what customer is charged

retrogameboyz
Excursionist
29 1 20

Hi guys - I noticed that my packages and weights are all set up correctly (at least - I think so) - but I noticed that the customer is paying less for the shipping cost than I am.

For example USPS Priority mail package - 1 lb 13 oz - 10 x 7 x 5 package is about $11.76 via PayPal shipping and Shopify shipping - so the USPS costs seems correct as the match - (I think the discount thing they show is inflated - unless that is retail at the counter price?) - but yet my customer only got charged $10.89.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Basically I am losing a bit of money with each sale. On some packages weights can vary - and if the weight even shows 2.8 lbs - they are stilled charged less than what I pay to get the label.

12-13-2021 8-28-56 AM.png

Thanks for your time.

Replies 3 (3)

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @retrogameboyz,

There has been a lot of discussion on the same. You can follow this thread to discuss or understand the issue: https://community.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-and/priority-mail-cost-to-customer-changed/td-p/13...

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
kasalovr
Visitor
1 0 1

There is no answer on this thread either you are helping nobody

retrogameboyz
Excursionist
29 1 20

I am surprised they didn't tell me to buy an app  or subscribe to some partner service to fix it - lol - seem like all the answers in these forums.