What alternative payment gateways can I use in Madagascar for Shopify?

theskincarecoll
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello I would really need some guidance. 
 I have tried the payment gateway listed for Madagascar but none of them are suitable for ’ my  store. I live in Madagascar and would really love to use Shopify to create my online business. 

I would like to know what are the other solutions if none of the listed payment gateway for a country works?  Is it possible to integrate another payment gateway ? Please help , thank you 

Replies 3 (3)

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Hey, @theskincarecoll 

Eunice here from Shopify, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community! I'd love to help you with this. 

First of all, please check out this page here to see the available payment gateways for Madagascar. I'd like to know if you've tried all of these, and what kind of errors are you seeing when you try to activate a gateway? Does an error message appear?

Usually, with third-party payment gateway issues, you would need to contact your chosen provider for connection support. However, I'd like to check there isn't a store issue occurring here.

Look forward to hearing from you with additional information for troubleshooting. Cheers!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

theskincarecoll
Tourist
5 0 1
Paysera is not supported for Madagascar, it's only for EU countries

- I have not received an reply from 2checkout & Paymentwall yet, I would to
know if I have other options available

When you say " you would need to contact your chosen provider" what does
that mean?

If I find another payment gateway not listed on your list is it possible
to link it to my store?
Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Thanks for your response!

I investigated Paysera, and it looks like it is available in Madagascar. What error were you getting when attempting to connect with Paysera?

With regards to waiting on a response from 2checkout and Paymentwall, it can be normal to wait a little while. However, if you feel you've been waiting longer than necessary I recommend contacting their support team. This is also what I mean by contacting your chosen provider. Each third-party gateway will have its own support team.

Payment gateways that are not listed here might offer an Alternative Payment Method AppYou can install some alternative payment providers as apps from the Payments section of your Shopify admin Settings. After you install an alternative payment method app, you need to configure and activate it before you can use it.  Please note that this feature is still in Beta and is not available to all merchants. 

To sum it up, you should be able to successfully connect with Paysera, 2checkout, or Paymentwall, but you will need to contact their support teams for assistance. As an alternative, you can check to see if a different third-payment gateway offers an Alternative Payment Method App.

How is the rest of your store coming along? Are you getting ready to launch soon? It can be easy to miss an important step when building an online store - it's a lot to juggle! I like to recommend this checklist to new merchants. It's a handy resource to have on hand to ensure you have everything covered before you go live. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.