Payment method based on the product

odiadev
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there.

I need solution for COD and Online Payment on my website.

I need a solution in which customer will see see a payment method based on the product category.

Like If customer want A,B,C products B Product is eligible only for prepaid order. So it will show up some error popup. "like some products in your cart require prepaid order".

Also I have to mention that the product is eligible for Prepaid / COD payment option in my product page.

How can I do that?

Thanks

Replies 4 (4)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @odiadev!

Great question. Currently, at this time, it's not possible to segregate payment methods available to a customer based on the items they choose. By setting up a payment method, they will be available to all customers who have the means to use that payment method for their order.

I would suggest using text on your product page (preferably in bold, colored font) to instruct your customers to pay for the order by the payment method you want them to use for that particular product.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

odiadev
Tourist
4 0 1

I don't want to segregate the payment method.

I just want to show an error msg to the customer that this product is only for prepaid at cart page.

That's it. 

Bold Text writing isn't much helpful.

Some people still place their order. Then I have to look manually and tell them and edit the order Or I just have to cancel the order.

Business and time loss for me to do it manually every time.

Hope you understand.

Suggest me any coding documentation.

Some line of coding suggestion will do, I think. 

Thanks

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

This would require conditional logic coding that would be in line with something one of our Shopify experts may be able to assist you with. With that said, we are not formally trained in code to be able to assist you directly but I just wanted to leave a valuable alternative solution if you are unable to get an answer in the near future. Our Shopify experts directory allows you to find and hire a developer that would be able to create a custom coded app solution on your behalf. Feel free to check out our Shopify experts platform here.

They would be able to create a coding setup that can differentiate and assign the proper available payment options based on a product tag and then automatically display the proper message for the product.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ArrayArtisan
Tourist
50 0 2

For your need to show or hide payment methods based on product categories, with specific products requiring prepaid orders, you can utilize the KlinKode PayRules app. This app allows you to create rules that hide certain payment methods for specific collections. So, if Product B is only eligible for prepaid orders, you can set up a collection for such products and configure the app to only allow prepaid payment methods for items in this collection.

You can check the app here: https://apps.shopify.com/klinkode-payrules

- Control payment methods visibility at checkout by KlinKode PayRules app.
- You can join in our Facebook group for Shopify help.