Why is my Shopify order payment still pending after two weeks?

PetMeds
Visitor
3 0 1

Got my first order 2 weeks ago, says payment pending. She used Venmo and no payment has hit my venmo account yet.  This shopify store has become a night mare and about ready to move to WIX

Replies 9 (9)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1099 118 139

Hi, @PetMeds!

Thank you for your post, I'm happy to look into this with you. 

Venmo is offered as a payment method on Shopify as a supported PayPal provider. This means any purchases made through Venmo will be paid out into your PayPal account. I recommend logging into your PayPal account to check the status of the payment, and you can contact PayPal directly if you have any further questions about this payout. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had a hard time setting up your Shopify store. Is there anything I can help you out with? We definitely don't want starting and running your store to be a negative experience, so I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. 

Take care!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Clj15
9 0 0

@Greta I'm having similar issues. Payment was made on the 18th of August but still pending. Its my first order also. Sorry for hijacking your post @PetMeds . Just getting a bit concerned

Greta
Shopify Staff
1099 118 139

Hey, @Clj15!

Thanks for reaching out. Was the payment made through Venmo, or a standard Shopify Payments payment using a credit card?

I recommend checking to see if you have any outstanding requests from Shopify regarding your Shopify Payments account (such as a request to upload ID to verify your identity). These can be found within the Shopify Payments section of your admin, or by clicking the bell icon in your admin to see your notifications.

I look forward to assisting you further! 

Greta | Shopify 

Clj15
9 0 0

Greta. Thank you. I.must have titally missed the instructions on how to upload my i.d. Im thinking this is the problem . How can i do this please ? 

Thank you so much. Cori

Greta
Shopify Staff
1099 118 139

Hi, @Clj15!

Thanks for getting back to me. The option to upload your documents will either be found by clicking on the notification in your admin, or it may have been sent by email. Feel free to search for Shopify Payments in your email to locate it. If you still can't find where to upload your ID, you can contact our live support team and we can continue to help you out there! 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Greta | Shopify 

CircleP
Visitor
2 0 0

Same issue and we do not have a Venmo or PayPal account and now our customer is upset saying they have paid but we’ve not received payment. No a good experience - did you ever get your money? Would love to know how. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1099 118 139

Hi, @CircleP!

Thanks for jumping in. How did your customer pay for their order? Was it using Venmo on your store, or did they use a credit or debit card? You can find this information on the order timeline

I look forward to assisting you further! 

Greta | Shopify 

CircleP
Visitor
2 0 0
I am not sure. It only says pending Venmo. But I do not have Venmo as an option and I didn’t have a PayPal account so not sure how he was able to select Venmo to begin with or how I can get my money. I’ve not shipped it yet because I have no way to confirm he’s actually paid.
Greta
Shopify Staff
1099 118 139

Thanks for confirming that! 

PayPal is one of Shopify’s default payment providers. As soon as you open a store on our platform, you’re given a Paypal Express Checkout account using the email you signed up for Shopify with. You can follow the steps in this help document to finish setting up your PayPal account, and then you can log into PayPal to verify the payment was received. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! 

Greta | Shopify