Payment Skrill and Shopify

jeanapk20
1 0 0
Good evening, I have an online store located geographically in Colombia, I am setting up the checkout to receive payments with credit cards, Skrill is available as a platform in my Shopify account, now my question is:

Can I receive payments in my store through Skrill with customers who buy directly from the United States?
Replies 2 (2)
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1254 114 145

Hello!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂 

Once you have the Skrill account successfully connected with your Shopify account as shown in this guide, the gateway will be able to accept worldwide payments. So for example, customers who are based in the U.S will be able to purchase from your store. The funds from the order would be approved by the gateway and will then be transferred directly to your Skrill account. 

Just make sure to list a U.S shipping rate in your admin, so your U.S customers can successfully complete the order at the checkout. In regards to shipping rates, I'd recommend checking out this guide for more info and for some great video tutorials. 

Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info!

Happy selling!   
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Anastasiia_H_
3 0 0

Hi! 

Recently I have read the article about different payment systems. I think that Skrill isn't the best choice, for example in comparison with PayPal or Stripe. In my opinion, they are more technological and more accessible. If you are interested in it, you can read in this article "PAYMENT GATEWAY COMPARISON: GUIDE TO ECOMMERCE PAYMENTS".