What can be done if a PayPal payout is missed due to account changes on Shopify?

tinastcanada
Visitor
1 0 0

hello,
my PayPal was automatically connected to the email address that I made my store with and I did not finish setting up the account to receive the payout, but I had an order and the customer used Paypal checkout.
The problem is that I changed the Paypal account without setting up the old one, so I didn't receive the payout.
What should I do?

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @tinastcanada.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand that you didn't complete the setup for the original email address used with PayPal when setting up your store and there is a pending payout associated with that email. In addition, you've also switched the PayPal account.

Typically, when an email that isn't setup for PayPal is used and receives their first order, PayPal will send an email for you to complete the account setup. From the email, you can complete the setup and claim your payouts. You can also switch back to the original email and finish setting up PayPal through the Payment settings on your store. However, if neither of these options can help you resolve the issue, then you can contact PayPal directly for further assistance as well - their support team can help you with completing the setup for the original email and with claiming your funds. 

Do you recall receiving an email from PayPal at the original email address?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog