Pending Paypal Express Checkout Pending Over 3 days

ASA_
Tourist
5 0 0

I see that a lot of people have had issues with the paypal express checkout. One of my orders have been pending over 3 days. Some things I have tried to use to remedy that I saw in some other posts:

• Confirm email
  • Disconnect and reconnect
  • API (I am not the best at the coding aspect)

Shopify support says to reach out to paypal and vice versa so neither have been helpful. I am hoping someone here can help. Thanks in advance!

Replies 3 (3)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1070 97 194

Hi, @ASA_.

Thanks for posting to the forums! The PayPal connection to Shopify can definitely be tricky at times. PayPal will always be responsible for the transactions status, as we do not have any access to the PayPal gateway. That being said, I do have some support to provide.

First, is the PayPal account you are using the same email address that is registered to Shopify? Or was it adjusted at some point? This can sometimes cause an issue as Shopify automatically creates/syncs to a PayPal account using the Shopify Account Owner's original email address. 

If the email address is the same, what was the information provided by PayPal? Were they able to see the status of the payment? Were they able to find it? If they were not able to find the payment, you can access the transaction information sent by PayPal to Shopify. To find this information open the order in your Shopify Admin and scroll down to the PayPal payment. Click the arrow to the left, and you will see all the information provided. With this information PayPal should be able to access the payment and provide next steps.

Once you provide the above information I will know better what direction to point you in.

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
ASA_
Tourist
5 0 0

I signed up with paypal with the same email as on shopify however I tried changing both to a different email yesterday with no change. When I contacted Paypal, they insisted that I ensure that the emails matched which they do. I will try sending a screenshot of what I see to Paypal now and I hope it's enough to find the payment.

Skye
Shopify Staff
1070 97 194

Hi, @ASA_.

If you signed up to PayPal with the same email address as your Shopify account, do not change it. This will only cause issues.

In your screenshot to PayPal make sure to include the transaction numbers and all additional information from the gateway. This will ensure they can find the payment.

Good luck!

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog